Ares Games

Thread: Caproni Ca 4

Hybrid View

Default Caproni Ca 4

Ah the first of the flying forests! These guys really loved struts! Had this Shapeways sitting on the bench, lovely in white, but then I ran across the color plate in the Munsen book of WWI Bombers, and decided white was not as cool as blue.

Having built 6 of these from scratch, the idea of one being built for me already sounded like an afternoon's fun.

Under construction-lots of detail painting indeed!

Cockpits! lots of opportunity for details!

No rear gunner cage! But the rear gun positions are deadly!

The forest! Imagine the horsepower it takes to drag all the trees through the air . . .

Now to arm it up! Just happened to have received a shipment of bombs from my son's workbench . . .

Not sure if it could lift them, but they look way cool! And there we have it! Another Therapy project complete! Clipper clipping along at a relaxed pace, indeed.

What a beauty! That colour scheme looks great.

Very nice there, like the colour and the bombs, they Shapeways too ?

Nice model and paint job

Bombs are the 1650's from Shapeways run through my son's current metal/robot/faux something painting table. He does an awesome job making them look new/rusted/old and moldy.

Wow clipper, looks like you are passing on the passion. As a fellow parent, awesome!

Yeah, they really pulled me into this madness! I taught them to build models mostly free flight scale models, then they both got into gaming in college. Now the oldest lives in New Zealand and works for Battlefront and my younger one lives here at home and writes Flames of War strategies and scenes by email for Battlefront too. Both are into all kinds of miniatures and games of all kinds. Who says you can't work your passion? Clipper reminiscing . . .

Yeah, they really pulled me into this madness! I taught them to build models mostly free flight scale models, then they both got into gaming in college. Now the oldest lives in New Zealand and works for Battlefront and my younger one lives here at home and writes Flames of War strategies and scenes by email for Battlefront too. Both are into all kinds of miniatures and games of all kinds. Who says you can't work your passion? Clipper reminiscing . . .

It goes without saying that the son of the fish knows how to swim. (This is a Portuguese dictum and I don't know if means anything in English.)
    As for the Caproni C4, I have the original McCoy so I'm happy.

Similar Missions

1. Si Caproni.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 23:05
  2. WSF Caproni Ca.3
    By Wombat in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 03:42
  3. Caproni C3
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10