Ares Games

Thread: My August Resolutions!! And yours?!

Default My August Resolutions!! And yours?!

What I intend to do, Hobby-wise, WW1 and Ww2, in August:

Build 2 Caproni Ca-3 Bombers from Fiddler's Green;
    Build 2 Siemens-Shuckert-DIV from Fiddler's Green;
    Build 2 Nieuport 28 from Fiddler's Green;

Prepare and paint the following WW2 planes that I bought from AIM and recommend:
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen...oductlines.htm
    Paint 2 Bleihem Mk IV;
    Paint 2 Avengers;
    Paint 2 Dauntless;
    Paint 2 Junkers Ju-88;
    Paint 2 Messerschmitt Bf 110c;
    Paint 2 Heinkel He-111;
    Paint 2 Kates;

Paint 2 Academy Boeing B-17;
    Build and Paint 2 Zvezda DC3.

I guess that I'm aiming too high and that I'll bleed this to September...

And what about you, my fellow engineers?!

What ambitious projects, dear friend!
    Knowing you I do not doubt you can succeed.
    But if you complete just a third part of it - I'll call you a Clipper's apprentice
    Good luck and post info about your progress, please.

I have no plans for August in that matter.
    First two weeks - hard before-vacation work and than I fly to a more hot&sunny part of the world

Clipper's apprentice is way too high for my meagre skills.
    But I'll try, my friend.

Excellent vacation for you and your family!!

I'd to finisih my Google Earth's project about Austro-Hungarian Aviation on the Italian Front. I'm working on it from more than on years with some stops and reviews.

Happy vacation old chaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    I'd to finisih my Google Earth's project about Austro-Hungarian Aviation on the Italian Front. I'm working on it from more than on years with some stops and reviews.

Happy vacation old chaps!
    I'd like very much to see that, Attilio!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    I'd like very much to see that, Attilio!

I'll publish it here, of course.
    Don't worry!

Attilio

August will be a tough month, doubt that I'll get much hobby time. If I can eke some time out anyway, my most immediate plans are:
    - Reboot Hanriot scratch build project.
    - Build & paint Junkers Ju 52.
    - Get Desert Duel entry started.

/Niclas

Ah, August should see the rise of the new Zeppelin fleet . . . still bogged down with game play details, gun arcs and cell damage charts! Yikes! The Hp V1500 will be entering the cut shop along with the Hansa Bandenburg bomber for the troops on both sides. Need some fresh new elves, the last ones did not return from Vegas . . . . Clipper hiring

A Nieuport 11 is waiting for a repaint.

Need some Hurricane decals for the repaint contest.

Maybe I'll order two Dauntless + decals for a Midway scenario, too.

Smile

Well if things pan out I will finish my 2 seat Strutter, Albatross D.II, another Eindekker & start on a Pup & Phonix. (All Shapeways of course!)

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Painting. While I await Clippers HP 0/1500 project. Also, finnish some more scenarios.

Also painting two more home-made playing mats. One WW2 ground terrain for WG2 and one general sea matt for both wars. Will I be able to undertake all these projects? Probably not, but I'm in my megalomaniac Napoleonic spree...

You inspired me with your mat project. In fact I need a see/land mat with cliffs of Dover for tomorrow. I organize a "memorial" Battle of Britain evening for my flight members with some Kanalkampf missions to play. I have already drawn some border lines, bought paints and hope to finish the thing this night!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    You inspired me with your mat project. In fact I need a see/land mat with cliffs of Dover for tomorrow. I organize a "memorial" Battle of Britain evening for my flight members with some Kanalkampf missions to play. I have already drawn some border lines, bought paints and hope to finish the thing this night!
    I would very much like to see that. Take photos, Andrzej!!

Hmmm, I am no where near as productive as you guys, but I hope to get most of the way done with Boelcke's Alb DII from paper, then maybe start another paper DI so I will have a trio from Jasta 2 to take on the upcoming Ares DH2s.

Doug

Hi Douglas:

Where did you get your paper DII?

Hi Douglas:

Where did you get your paper DII?
    YES. Where did you get it?! We want it!

I have some AIM planes (Spits, Hurris, Defiants, 109s, Stukas, Ju88s, He111s, Do17s) vying for attention with my Flytrap Factory modern Brits, and I'll need to find time for the Desert War contest....

Oh, and then there's the entelodents and dire wolves......

Default 1st August Project: Coastal Mat

Here you can see my new mat (2 meter/1 meter) "in the making". It must be ready for tomorrow evening BoB Kanalkampf scenarios. So far the sea has been painted and I must admit the result goes beyond my expectations. I think the sea "depth" is painted quite well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-02 16.43.38.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	55271
    Last edited by Nightbomber; 08-02-2012 at 09:02.

So I think we need a terrain/matt making thread! This is way too awesome and intriguing! (I really just want maps for my Zeppelin fleet's Sky Invasion 2012!
    Clipper looking for something to do . . .

Great mat, Andrzej!
    What kind of material have you used for it?

Blackronin and Nightbomber,

Well, I must admit it is a mix of two different kits. I started with Eric Johnson's very nice Albatros D.I (available from der Kampfflieger at http://www.freewebs.com/kampfflieger/aircrafts.htm) and repainted it to Boelcke's. I then took the center interplane struts off of an Alb DIII kit (they looked pretty much identical to me) and adjusted the height of my outer wing struts (I made them too short, though, so I will need to reprint), and I believe that should make an Alb D.II. We shall see how it goes together, I'm just getting started on it. I just finished a D.I and it turned out very nicely at our scale I thought. I will need to post some pictures when I get the chance in the paper forum. I have several others of Eric's models as well, I am looking forward to making some Sopwith Pups down the road.

Sorry to stray off topic!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    So I think we need a terrain/matt making thread! This is way too awesome and intriguing! (I really just want maps for my Zeppelin fleet's Sky Invasion 2012! .
    I'm pretty sure there was one or two threads on this subject. Try a quick search

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Clipper looking for something to do . . .
    Oh yeh, right...like we'd believe that. We've seen your work; you're never idle
    Karl

Great mat, Andrzej!
    What kind of material have you used for it?
    Quim, below is the thread when I described the mat with details - and where I got it from

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ew-hommade-mat

Thanks, Andrzej. You are awesome!!

Default The mat is ready for tomorrow's Kanalkampf!

It took about two hours to complete it. It is 2 meters long, 1 meter wide. I'm not completely satisfied with the result, but - at least - the sea looks good.
    Anyway - I think my group will have a climatic game tomorrow

Attachment 55401

And here you can find my first home made mat for WoGI:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ew-hommade-mat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-08-02 19.35.00.jpg  

I sent you a well deserved rep, my friend! Beautiful mat.

Great looking mat, Andrzej!

/Niclas

Well just mounted a F-Toys SPAD. Working on a P-40. Finishing a ZVEDA 1/144 Stormovik. Again another excellant map Andrezj.

Time to turn to the Shapeways box o minis for a bit, the scratch building has got my elves signing up for carpal-tunnel benefits! I do have a load of seaplanes to finish . . . maybe some time at the beach?

Hmmm Clipper contemplating

Good looking mat, well done. as for me this month I have
    1 x P.38 to finish off
    1 x Ki48 to finish off (another 2 waiting for the elf (son) to finish the cam job)
    2 x Me109's North Afrika
    1 x Me110 North Afrika
    but as I have a caterack in the left left eye and the operation is not till October I will be happy to get any of that lot finished

You'll do it Alastair, we're sure of it.
    Finished building the C47's. Wasn't sure if I wanted the Soviet of the American planes, but as soon as the creature got some shape in my hands it was crystal clear. A DC3 is a DC3... American they are...

Still got a few metal aircraft to paint. Pewter DH2 needs to go to paint shop.
    And Pewter Fe2b partway built (with photos)
    Linz

Managed to snag me a Nexus mini to paint for the Desert Duel comp. It arrived today, but while I was waiting I started work on another mini - Now I have to decide which one to go with.

/Niclas

1/12th of what I decided to do is done:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...rt-2-The-Kates

1/12th?! And I'm happy?!
    Where are the elves?
    Where is my crafty slave-bunny with artistic skills and a beautiful frame (of mind)?
    "What honey?! What was I saying?! Oh! That I'm going to wash the dishes..."

1/4 of my proposed work done!

I've finished the 2 Dauntless and the 2 Avengers!!

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...234#post163234

Maybe I'll manage to finish what I set myself to do.

Mmm...
    Maybe not...