Ares Games

Thread: New Ray F6F Hellcat

Default New Ray F6F Hellcat

All,
    I got through with the plan conversion in mounting the New Ray F6f Hellcat. Below are pics on the new stand configuration. The scale will work out OK with my gaming group.

New Ray F6F Hellcat on Stand

New Ray F6F Hellcat on Litko stand

New Ray F6F HellCat comparisson to WoG F4F Wildcat

New Ray F6F Hellcat just on Litko stand adaptor

Bag of Litko stand Adaptor bag

Those are the planes, we're waiting for.

Good buy Steve. Thanks for sharing.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Again, got this model off the Hobby Lobby web site. Very little work to do for the stand conversion. Glad you like them.

Nice planes, and I love the profile pic!

The New Rays are great. It's a shame only the Hellcat (1/190), Corsair (1/190), Thunderbolt (1/200), and Lightning (1/200) are in usable scales. I love the Mustang, but it is 1/160 scale. I've been able to pick up several at various Hobby Lobbys, but have only used my Lightnings in a game so far. Yamamato's Betty went down in flames, again, along with a couple of Zeros.

Thanks for the comparison shot between the F-4 & the F-6. It's a nice way to get a feel for how the F-6 will look on the table.

Is the canopy the same color as the plane?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Is the canopy the same color as the plane?
    The canopies on all the New Ray models are a dark gray. I've thought of repainting mine but can't decide on the color. Silver would not work well with the planes with silver bodies. Maybe a bluish-silver color would work.

Wow, this plane is realy cool !
    You should paint the canopies in black like the rest of the plane.

I ordered the F4U corsair that you found, if the scale suit me and if i manage to find a "stand" for it, i will certainly buy this one !

Thanks for the sharing

Beautiful plane!
    It matches so well the Wildcat!

Quote Originally Posted by Scanetsu View Post
    Wow, this plane is realy cool !
    You should paint the canopies in black like the rest of the plane.

I ordered the F4U corsair that you found, if the scale suit me and if i manage to find a "stand" for it, i will certainly buy this one !

Thanks for the sharing
    You can find stands for the plane at Aerodrome Accessories along with other great accessories... but then, I'm biased as I'm the one that makes them lol

You can find stands for the plane at Aerodrome Accessories along with other great accessories... but then, I'm biased as I'm the one that makes them lol
    I, as a buyer of these stands, vouch for their beauty, and for their perfect use. My paper Gothas are such happy little planes with their new stands.

I only see stand for the stuka :'(

The WWII and WWI fighter/scout stands are exactly the same... so look under the WWI section. I know that's not very clear on the site.... actually, I just thought of a way to maybe make it a lot more clear!

Actually, Captain, oh my captain, what we would need was some new stands for the following birds:

Bleihem Mk IV;
    Avengers;
    Junkers Ju-88;
    Messerschmitt Bf 110c;
    B-17f (be brave Keith!!);
    Wellington.

I do need to put out the bases for the B-25 and He-111, but I guess I have a little time before the hit the stores. As for unofficial bases for WWII... been there, done that, and nobody bought them. That was in 1/144 scale bases though. I did do a B-17 in that series, and it did not sell very well either.

On the whole, accessories for WWII don't sell very well at all.

Do you still have those B-17 bases, Keith?
    And are you able to make some bases strictly for commission?

Sorry, I trashed the left over bases last year when we were moving. Please PM me with details about commission base so we don't derail this thread to much.

Okay!
    But some others might also want to join in, who knows?
    PM in a few seconds.

I would be interested in some bases as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    I would be interested in some bases as well...

I could be interested too ^^

Maybe, Captain oh my Captain, we should make a joined list?! Just sayin...

Start a thread for it in the Aerodrome Accessories section if you like

Just took a look at the new Heinkel (#301B) available for preorder from thewarstore.com ...seems the Cowman must've bribed somebody to save him any repaint time. What gives?