Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Pfalz D.III painting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I used the "freezer-hot water-freezer-hot water" method.

While I was trying to lever the top wing off, the two front undercarriage legs 'popped' out of their location holes! It was just a little more work, with a pair of tweezers, to wiggle the rear legs free.
    Thanks. I normaly use the same "freezer-hot water-freezer-hot water" method

Now re-painting my last two Pfalz D.III I had taken out the upper wing (just by pulling gently) and I was removing painting by submerging the model in pure alchool for a day or two ... and the undercarriage did come out by itself. I guess that the alchool may have disolved or softened the glue.

Something I conclude from your and mine experience is that Pfalz D.III undercarriages are easier to remove than some other models. I've tried to remove Albatros D.V undercarriages and it is much harder -- almost impossible withouth breaking them

As it was, it went much more smoothly than I had feared.
    Ouch Tim - was that pun intended ?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Ouch Tim - was that pun intended ?

I spotted it too Mike, and dismissed it as not down to our usual lack of standards. tim is obviously quite innocent in this.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Then my apologies Tim - obviously the pun fell flat

He just did it again Tim. It is so flat that you missed it. You won't be able to smooth that one over Mike.
    Rob.

I see no pun here. also
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I see no pun here. also
    Karl
    Maybe it's an age thing.

Yes, You two must be too young.
    Rob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123