Ares Games

Thread: Osprey prints

Default Osprey prints

I picked up an Osprey set called DOGFIGHTS. There are WWI/WWI/Modern postcards in this box. I am downloading the pics in my album. Here is the box lid

So are they postcards using the art from their different books?

From the Osprey website

These 40 exquisitely detailed postcards showcase some of the finest artwork to have graced the covers of Osprey’s aviation books over the years. Depicting aircraft in action – from bi- and tri-planes over the trenches of WWI, the Battle of Britain and the Blitz, to the stealth technology of the modern jet age – this collection of unique artwork is a great addition to any military history collection. Featuring artwork by such renowned aviation artists as Iain Wyllie, Mark Postlethwaite and Jim Laurier, this box set is the perfect gift for enthusiasts of military and aviation history.

Cost Ł9.99 but they are out of stock.

Smile

Knowing the Osprey covers there should be some great stuff in there.
    I presume they are regular Postcard size.

For Ł9.99 I'd happily buy one Osprey cover print, if it was somewhat larger and I could choose which one.
    Not so sure about postcard sized ones though.

/Niclas

There are certainly a good variety there Bob.
    It is one of those do I sacrifice the price of a plane to get the WWI postcards.
    Hell yes!
    Rob.

Just getting on today. Yes they are Postcards and I do think they are from books because the Albatros postcard is the cover of #53 Albatros Aces. I paid $10.00 for the box and it was worth it.

Here is a copy of the Postcard and the cover to the Albatros book. This shows that the postcard is a copy of the cover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Albatros.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	53729

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Albatros cover.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	53728