Ares Games

Thread: Game On Aerial View Terrain Mats

Default Game On Aerial View Terrain Mats

Does anyone know anything about Game On Terrain mats, specifically the aerial view. They look great, from what I have seen on the Ares Games site where one was used in a game in Italy, but I have sent several messages with questions about the construction and shipping to the company e-mail address, and have received no reply. Are they still in business? Are they a reputable company? Does anyone use their products? I'm thinking of getting the 4x8 mat, the one with no clouds, but for $150 plus shipping (presumably, because they make no mention of shipping charges) I think it's a bit pricey to take a chance on sending money to the paypal account of somebody who may not be in business any more.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Sean
    Sorties Flown

Hi Bruce and welcome to the forum

I am not familiar with this company, but if they are not interested in answering your e-mails then I would not bother doing business with them.

I have seen HotzMats (http://www.hotzmats.com/) in action and they look good. There are also a number of topics in the forums that show some home-brewed mats as well.

Sean.

I tried using my Discover Card with HotzMats but they wouldn't take it, I'm talking about Hotzmats, their loss.

Would that be Terrain Mat from Ipswich in UK ?

No, this one is located in Ohio in the United States - and thanks to those who have responded so far.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by brucewallace View Post
    No, this one is located in Ohio in the United States - and thanks to those who have responded so far.
    Bruce
    Bruce,
    I have just talked to the man himself and I have passed the info to you in a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it, and I will try again.
    Bob

Bruce,

The Game On mats are great! All of the games that the site hosted at Origins this year were played on them. We also gave away one of their mats to Guntruck as a Lend-lease gift as well as raffled one off here on the site to raise funds for the Lend-Lease program.

In fact, the man behind Game On is a member of this site, Luis (IBERIAN SHADOW) and plays as well.

If you have any questions about them, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best I can.

If you haven't read the threads on custom terrain mat files created by other board members, you should take a look at some of them. There is one just a few posts below (last post /716) that gives info on downloading files and getting them printed to you custom size at Kinkos.

Thanks again to all who have responded. I've sent a message to Luis (Iberian Shadow) from my personal e-mail address, and look forward to soon having a suitable table covering over which to soar!

Bruce

I would second the recommendation for HotzMats, they look good. Sometimes Eric takes a bit of time to get them made, but the quality doesn't disappoint. They are airbrushed felt and he sprays them with a fixative.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Bruce,

The Game On mats are great! All of the games that the site hosted at Origins this year were played on them. We also gave away one of their mats to Guntruck as a Lend-lease gift as well as raffled one off here on the site to raise funds for the Lend-Lease program.

In fact, the man behind Game On is a member of this site, Luis (IBERIAN SHADOW) and plays as well.

If you have any questions about them, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best I can.
    And I am the proud receipient of the Game On mat from the Lend Lease program. It is perfect for Pacific theatre action! Here is a picture of me with the mat and four planes that were included with it in the raffle.

Michael you lucky B....... that is a great looking mat and I hope you have many fun games using it. As for me I have a Hotz mat that I use (Eourpen Fields) but if you check out some of the threads here you will find some really great gaming ideas.

Great gaming mat, Michael. I'm a little bit curious.

Congratulation again.

Produced my own WoG Pacific with PAV's help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarflord22 View Post
    And I am the proud receipient of the Game On mat from the Lend Lease program. It is perfect for Pacific theatre action! Here is a picture of me with the mat and four planes that were included with it in the raffle.

That would make a nice centerfold picture if you took off your shirt and wore a Speedo. Luis's business would skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi Von Klugermann View Post
    That would make a nice centerfold picture if you took off your shirt and wore a Speedo. Luis's business would skyrocket.
    I think Ares should jump on this idea and give em a call to bring even more women into the hobby. The only bad thing is trying to wash off the glitter............ I never seem to get it all Boom chicka bow wow
    Last edited by Raege; 07-25-2012 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Raege View Post
    The only bad thing is trying to wash off the glitter...
    Glitter should be the most harmless problem. Think on the suntan cream and...

What are the Terrain Maps from Ipswich, which you mentioned, please, Chris?