Ares Games

Thread: The death of Werner Voss

Default The death of Werner Voss

For your viewing pleasure

Thumbs up

Thanks Chris. I have seen quite a bit of that chaps work & they are always great. From memory he also did Ball, Mannock & the Red Baron clips.
    Seems to know his History pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Thanks Chris. I have seen quite a bit of that chaps work & they are always great. From memory he also did Ball, Mannock & the Red Baron clips.
    Seems to know his History pretty well.
    Unfortunately there are no slip turns in the sequence which Voss reportedly used to go from one target to another but I can tell you from personal experience yiou have to put a lot of hours into that game to fly well.

I was thinking of doing a solitaire version to see if a DrI could last againt 5 planes. I don't have 5 Se5s though I may try it against 5 Spads with a DIII entering from the other side of the board. To create the slip turns I thinking of doing a sideslip/Immelman/any card sequence....maybe I'll make this my first AAR.

Nice video, Chris.

An interesting way to show WW I dogfights.

I was entranced by the way that the clip was put together so well.
    Much more so because last evening I was reading about this fight in my newly aquired book on 56 squadron.
    I had read it before in Flying Fury and other books, but it was strange to see that you had just posted this Chris.
    Thanks for the reprise.
    Rob.

Great clip, but my initial thought is, "Who the hell is the idiot driving the truck across the runway while the flight's taking off?"

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    Great clip, but my initial thought is, "Who the hell is the idiot driving the truck across the runway while the flight's taking off?"
    I know that man.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    I couldn't help it! The 1st Sargent said that the C.O. wanted that stuff,"RIGHT NOW!"