Ares Games

Thread: old series (especially series 1) reprints?

Default old series (especially series 1) reprints?

Hi! I'm re-taking on the hobby and was hopping to buy a few minis to expand my small collection, maybe a couple of Albatross, Camels and one SE5. But it seems that almost all minis in the first series are long gone and impossible to find -- unless one wills to play about $50 each on eBay, and some times not even that way.
    Do you guys know if ther are any plans for reprints?

Yes, they are coming, though mostly in new paint schemes. When is a more difficult question, but I'm hoping some time in the fall...

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...pics-inside%29

If you don't mind painting them yourelf, you can buy many different types from shapeways.com. Other companies, like riveresco and skytrex also sell metal models that you assemble and paint, or buy almost full body decals to cover them with. Lastly are my favorites, paper models, which require no painting, but are more difficult to build. You will find forums on here for all three with tips, hints, and outright step by step instructions.

thanks about the updates guys!

unfortunately I'm not good either at building & painting due to a total lack of pacience
    plus I prefer having the models all with bases, pegs, maneuver deck, etc. Even having to dowload decks from the files section and print'em seems too much work for me. Yes, I'm THAT lazy
    So I guess I'll have to wait until fall to get the planes I like. I'll keep flying WW2 in the mean time

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Sean
    Sorties Flown

Don't forget to look in the "For Sale/Trade" Section of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty_au View Post
    Don't forget to look in the "For Sale/Trade" Section of the forums.
    good idea. I'll take a look

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bishop View Post
    Hi! I'm re-taking on the hobby and was hopping to buy a few minis to expand my small collection, maybe a couple of Albatross, Camels and one SE5. But it seems that almost all minis in the first series are long gone and impossible to find -- unless one wills to play about $50 each on eBay, and some times not even that way.
    Do you guys know if ther are any plans for reprints?

PM sent