Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NZ Wing Members

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone! I look forward to engaging everyone as I play more and get a more nuanced view of the game. Tonight I'm intending to play my first solo game using the WoG Solo app in a Camel (my chariot of choice) versus Albatros D.Va to get more of a feel for the Camel in-game, Solo app play and game overall, using Standard rules, as my sons and I have only played Basic for simplicity (they're only 11 and 6).

If anyone knows where I can source a Fokker D.VII at regular retail price (any currency), I'd love to know. I've scoured the Internet but come up empty-handed. I can only assume it's one of the most popular models and its production run has completely sold out, at retailers at least.

Also good to know I was on the right track with DeepCut Studio's mats!

Thanks again and see you around the forum.
    Last edited by Flying_Corpse; 08-25-2021 at 15:41.

Hi Rob

Nice to see you over here also, assuming you're "Bligh" from the Anchorage? As you can see, I've been a little diverted from Sails of Glory recently as my interest has oscillated back to another of my favourite historical periods, World War 1 in the air, also serviced by the '...of Glory' folks.

I look forward to seeing more of you on both fora!

Cheers

Rhys

Hi Rhys, welcome to the aerodrome. Sadly as you are finding out some of the classic WWI planes are very difficult to come by. Hope you can find what you are looking for.

If you, or someone you know can paint, Shapeways has just about every WWI plane you can imagine.

So first, welcome to the madness of our game. I have kids in Auckland, Howick to be exact. Once the dreaded plague lifts you could get together for some fun! Meanwhile if you pm me a list of most wanted planes and an address I am sure I can send in some air support : ) cheers! Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Corpse View Post
    Hi Rob

Nice to see you over here also, assuming you're "Bligh" from the Anchorage? As you can see, I've been a little diverted from Sails of Glory recently as my interest has oscillated back to another of my favourite historical periods, World War 1 in the air, also serviced by the '...of Glory' folks.

I look forward to seeing more of you on both fora!

Cheers

Rhys
    You are correct in your supposition Rhys. Now that I know you have been seconded to the Drome, I will refrain from entering "R" in my Sails log book.
    Enjoy your time here as well.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi All

I've been trying to access some files on the site and start a new post / thread with a solo rules interpretation question but seem to have insufficient permission. I haven't seen anything obvious about a threshold to meet before having full permission to use the forum (e.g. minimum number of posts or formal introduction for example) but perhaps I've missed it. Can someone please advise if there's a limit to the permissions a new user has and, if there is, what step/s I need to take to have full user access?

Thanks in advance!

Rhys

Hi Rhys.
    You will need to get posting in the files section cleared with Keith before posting is allowed. Give him a PM and ask him to have a look at your new posting.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hi Rhys.
    You will need to get posting in the files section cleared with Keith before posting is allowed. Give him a PM and ask him to have a look at your new posting.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob, appreciate the tip. I'll PM Keith (Oberst Hajj) for appropriate permissions.

Cheers

hi Rhys, welcome to the addictio.......eeeeerrrrr drome!

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    hi Rhys, welcome to the addictio.......eeeeerrrrr drome!
    Thanks Phillip, it certainly is addictive! I've probably played 5-10 games already, in just 2.5 weeks, both solo (using the WoG Solo System app) and with / against my sons. Tonight I'm continuing to build my familiarisation with the Camel in-game in solo 1v1 scenarios against the Fokker Dr.I, having graduated from the Albatros D.Va. I also have a Halberstadt CL.II arriving soon so look forward to taking on a two-seater, with its rear gun, before graduating to some 1v2 work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12