Ares Games

Thread: First Four Builds

Default First Four Builds

Hey everybody, Here is my first builds. 1st, Fr. Breguet 14b, Mamoli. Made all Lewis guns,side vicker,replaced figs.
    Guitar 'E' string for struts,piano wire for rear struts. 2nd, SE5a Skytrex, hobby store wire,.015 [ too thick] painted rudder strips,Squadron leader Streamers, Vickers MG.. 3rd, Pfalz DIII Reviresco,pilot also. Bent rudder and elevator, I think too much,Decals gave me a time. 4th, Fokker Dr.1, Richthofen, Skytrex, Revire. pilot.
    Thanks for looking.

Fabric Flyer

[sorry for lousy pic's.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0993.jpg   IMG_1005.jpg   IMG_1004.jpg   IMG_1003.jpg   IMG_1002.jpg  

IMG_1001.jpg   IMG_0999.jpg   IMG_0998.jpg   IMG_0997.jpg   IMG_0996.jpg  

IMG_0995.jpg   IMG_0994.jpg  
    Last edited by Fabric Flyer; 06-17-2012 at 18:08.

Fantastic job on those builds! The SE5a is great. A guitar E string? I guess I'll stop throwing out my used strings and keep them by my workbench with everything else my wife has tried to throw away.

What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by Mveeder View Post
    Fantastic job on those builds! The SE5a is great. A guitar E string? I guess I'll stop throwing out my used strings and keep them by my workbench with everything else my wife has tried to throw away.

What's next?
    Mveeder, Thanks,glad you liked them. Have 2 Reviresco's,Brist. F2b, Fokker DVII, & 2 Skytrex, F.E.2b, Gotha V. Hopefully those come out better.

Fabric Flyer

Thumbs up

Some really great work there Lou. Nice detail with the E strings.
    I also looked at your WW2 stuff in your Album & replied to your PM.

Really nice, very much like the detail of the crews.Far more detail than I can do at this scale, well done

Some very good work there Lou.

Thanks gully_raker, This site & Friends help inspire me.

Fabric Flyer

Guntruck, Thanks very much, Glad you liked them.

Fabric Flyer

Thanks Boney10, I like adding the detail to the fig's.,I thing fig's. add to any model.

Fabric Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Nice minis, I particularly like the Pfalz.
    Thanks very Much Carl_Brisgamer, I think that one gave me the most trouble, a lot of decals!

Fabric Flyer

Right Lou.
    A very crisp paint job. The streamers, rigging and scarf add a little jes ne se quois to the models.
    The only real adverse criticism is the thickness of the rigging which seems to overpower the lines of the aircraft a little.
    Nevertheless, it is a fine series of planes especially for a first effort.
    I would be pleased to have them flying on my table any day of the week.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Right Lou.
    A very crisp paint job. The streamers, rigging and scarf add a little jes ne se quois to the models.
    The only real adverse criticism is the thickness of the rigging which seems to overpower the lines of the aircraft a little.
    Nevertheless, it is a fine series of planes especially for a first effort.
    I would be pleased to have them flying on my table any day of the week.
    Rob.
    Thanks F O Kyte, I agree on the SE5a, the other is guitar string, I kinda like. I haven't priced that stuff, I bet in 25-30 yrs. I'll soon know. Too bad my planes couldn't meet your planes. Back.
    Thanks again,

Fabric Flyer

Nice stuff Lou. I like them all. Nice detail on the pilots.

Thanks a Lot, Willi V. K., just hope to get a little better and I'll be satisfied.

Fabric Flyer

Thanks Marechallannes, I enjoy doing detail work.

Fabric Flyer

Thanks a lot, BobP.

Fabric Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarflord22 View Post
    Nice builds!
    Thanks Dwarflord22, Hope to get better.

Fabric Flyer

Very nice job Lou,I would have to agree with F/O Kyte that the wires look a little heavy,other than that great job. really

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    Very nice job Lou,I would have to agree with F/O Kyte that the wires look a little heavy,other than that great job. really
    Grey knight, Again, Thanks. I do also agree that the wire on the SE5a is too thick. Another experiment, I think the guitar string looks a lot better. But I ran out, need to buy some more.

Fabric Flyer