Ares Games

Thread: Back after a time spent in the Infirmary

Default Back after a time spent in the Infirmary

Hello Dear Friends:

I've been away for a while.
    Sorry that I only returned now.
    I've been working hard (and probably with no better income return or a better post in my work) and then I got a bit sick - I've been hospitalized with kidneys problems - stones in the kidneys, with severe pain and problems.
    I didn't felt the will to say anything until I've got better.

But I'm good now. With a pair of stones in my left kidney and one in my right kidney... I'm a Earth Elementalist. Exclusive spell: Slow Creation of Small Stones. Components: A Lot of Pain!

I'll post mission 7 and 8 in a while, I hope.

With all regards to your tough experience, my Friend,
    I'M GOING TO SHOUT OUT LOUD: QUIM IS BACK, QUIM IS BACK!

I am delighted to hear from you.
    So sorry that you have had to go through all that pain Quim.
    It is odd that until this weekend I did not appreciate just what a real problem Kidney stones can be. I was talking to my Musket Officer at our event this last weekend, and he explained how he discovered that he had them during the winter, and just how much pain he had been in.
    He has been put on a diet with loads of lemon to drink in it to try and disolve them more quickly.
    Hope you are back up to the mark soon and can start to enjoy life to the full again.
    Rob.

I hope you feel better soon, Joaquim. Kidney Stones are no fun.

Joaquim - good to hear from you old chap - thought you had "bought a packet" in the last mission. Keep taking Docs advice & get well soon. Look forward to seeing the AAR, speaking of which I will get on with mine ....!

Joaquim,

Welcome back !

It seems that many of us have had some problems in the last year.

Glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better.

Hope to see some of your cardmodels soon.

Ken

Welcome back Quim. Kidney stones are a Bugger, got to be a medal in there for you. if you need a hand with any campaign management drop me a line

Take care Paul

Welcome back, Joachim.

I am afraid I might be missing for a while. As I wrote elsewhere, the poop has hit the fan in my work and to add to it I had a very, very heated discussion with the head of the division, where I refused to be blamed for something I was not responsible for (which I was repeatedly told). He then used his superior position to throw away any arguments I had, including twisting the truth (denying his own orders preventing me from doing something despite my protests), he declared war to me and promised me hell from now on...

I am not really in the mood to play.

Really sorry to hear this Jan. I hope it all works out for you soon, and you can get back your enthusiasm for the game.
    In the meantime please keep in touch, even if it is just for a good moan.
    That is what friends are here for after all. You can PM or E-mail me any time.
    Rob.

I'm sorry for you, Jan. That must be an awful situation. You are in need of some kind of support (a lawyer?), I'm affraid. This is when professionals like me are used to help employees in conflict with their employers. Think of hiring a young lawyer, even "behind the scenes". He or she may show you the way you can not see because of your emotions.

Good luck,
    Andrzej.

Thanks for the support.

A lawyer can do nothing until its too late already. It is not a problem to get me in trouble for breaking one of the gazillion internal directives nobody really knows or follows, some of them contradictory. And, unlike in the civilian sphere, disobeying any of them can have very bad consequences for me. Some of them have the legal status of an "order". Disobeying those (or any vocal order, even if by neglecting) may be considered a criminal act. I am talking jail here.

I had a talk between just the two of us with the head of the division later. Maybe it is going to settle down, maybe it is not, he is angry at me for daring to oppose him. My position is quite shaken now and I need to be extra careful with everything I do, sign or say. I return from duty so tired I just cannot find enough energy to play and to do almost anything else either.

Jan Don't let them get you down. it cannot be an easy time for you, and bosses when they are wrong always look to lay the blame somewhere else. Over the trenches will still be here when you decide to come back.

Good luck Paul

Dear Jan:

Hang on. If I can be of help, do say so.
    The water passes bay, the bridge must stand.
    I hope things get better for you soon.
    Meanwhile be extra careful.
    We are, and will be still here.

Keep your chin up Jan & don't let the Bastards grind you down. Been in a similar position myself in the past and I hope things work out for you. For some people Power Corrupts - and to finish the phrase - Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. I wish you well my friend.

Scheisse!

...da ist man mal zehn Tage weg und dann solche Nachrichten!

First I have to say, that you, dear Joaquim have a quick recover from that damn stones. That is no fun, even if I heard about that disease from a neighbour (thank God, I miss this till now). Really, no fun!

Jan, as a Bavarian State Police Officer, I know about those "official instructions" for police officers. We have to sign them personally once a year.

If you don't follow, you can expect the most badly consequences for you carreer and job.

Nothing more worse, that a chief/supervisor that has no backbone to stand by to his former orders, giving the blame to a subordinated officer.

Please contact your police labor union (if you have one), your employee committee (Personalrat in German - if you have one) and the next higher chief/supervisor.

...I don't know about you status at the Czech Police (training or finished), but maybe changing the police station is an option. The announcement of this (rank-)superior officer is a good reason. Any further cooperation ist impossible, and that an argument for officers that have to work together on the streets.
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 06-10-2012 at 09:41.