Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REPUTATION: All you need to know!

I have given and recieved much rep over the years... but... I dont see a green thumbs up, just a + in green...

All in all, I'm sure this will help any new poeple that happen to see it.. good job.

Quote Originally Posted by rote Flügel View Post
    I dont see a green thumbs up, just a + in green...
    Post #1

"You will find a small green thumbs up at the bottom of a post & to give "Reputation" just click on the icon & a Box will appear where you can insert a message & give a Rep Point to the owner of the Post.
    This icon has now been replaced with a Green + symbol!"
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 09-26-2022 at 19:35.

Yes, that icon was replaced during one of the site upgrades. It looks like the first post has now been updated as well.

Thanks to all on this post. Very informative and I now know a lot more about things I didn't know before.

When giving Reputation, do you need to send a message? Can I just add a point without one?

No need to send a message Thomas, especially if you have already commented on the thread.
    The good manners is really for the recipient to acknowledge your act by PM or on the thread. It is also good to be able to welcome you to the Drome Thomas. Don't forget to introduce yourself on the Report for Duty thread. Everyone will be glad to hear you have joined us.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Michael
    Sorties Flown

I noticed I received a PM that someone has given me reputation points.

When I go into my profile it says reputation points (0).

The reason was that the person posting your Rep had never had any Rep to give Joe.
    You should now see Rep in your box.
    Rob.

Unhappy Points to Next Level?

How rep points does it take to advance from the lowest to the next one?
    Last edited by Future Pilot; 02-09-2018 at 14:15.

50 rep points will get your first medal award Daniel.
    Rob.

I assume something happens at 500 posts, which is making it difficult for me to not do a dozen random posts to get over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    How rep points does it take to advance from the lowest to the next one?

I believe 100 posts is 1Lt.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    I assume something happens at 500 posts, which is making it difficult for me to not do a dozen random posts to get over the hump.
    You may try that sir! Mwahahaha.
    Kyte.

I got a message that someone had given me a rep point but it never showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    You may try that sir! Mwahahaha.
    Kyte.
    Based on your reply I think spamming will not end well for me...

I got a message that someone had given me a rep point but it never showed up.
    Do you know who sent it and what it was for Daniel?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    Based on your reply I think spamming will not end well for me...
    Can you LOSE reputation points?!

Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post
    Can you LOSE reputation points?!
    Yes you can. Once without realizing it I sent REP with the 'disapprove' button highlighted! Oops. I later sent positive REP to negate the neg I had sent but don't remember if I ever ended up giving positive at the end of it all. Hopefully I have given that person enough positive REP to make up for it.

I can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Yes you can. Once without realizing it I sent REP with the 'disapprove' button highlighted! Oops. I later sent positive REP to negate the neg I had sent but don't remember if I ever ended up giving positive at the end of it all. Hopefully I have given that person enough positive REP to make up for it.
    I, too, once sent -ve Rep by mistake!

I contacted the recipient to apologise - he was fine about it.
    I made a point to Rep him again as soon as I could.

Curiously, the option to "disapprove" of a comment disappeared for a year or more, but now it's back!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I can't remember
    Lets hope that your Rep provider reads this and re sends it then Daniel.
    Rob.

What happens when you get a notification for rep, and when you click on reputation box in my profile as a gray rep point?

That is because you have been repped by someone who has never made enough posts on the Drome and thus has no rep points to give you yet.
    Rob.

Default Rep

Thank you, I did not know that!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That is because you have been repped by someone who has never made enough posts on the Drome and thus has no rep points to give you yet.
    Rob.
    Rob,

How many posts do you need to give out rep? And do the points you can give out go up strictly by the amount of posts?

I am not sure how many. It may even be that you need to accrue Rep to dish it out. It seems that the more rep you have the more points you can give.
    Rob.

I am not sure if you are aware of this on your side of the pond but here in the United States it is customary to acquire reputation with money or fame.

Guess that's me out of the running then Scott for I have neither.
    Kyte.

Judging by my two pips, neither do I...

After 2 years of accessing and enjoying this site, I finally discovered this Reputation information. Time for me to catch up on handing out some Rep Points to some of my fellow Aerodrome members for their helpful assistance in the past. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you for the information.

If you don't mind me asking, how often can you give reputation to the same user?

Quote Originally Posted by BraselC5048 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how often can you give reputation to the same user?
    You can give unlimited REP to any single person, but not consecutively. You must spread it around a bit beforre you can repeat on the same person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12