Ares Games

Thread: eBay Buy

Default eBay Buy

Just spotted on a eBay a complete set of series 1 miniatures, not in their boxes. Opening bid $100.00 but "buy it now" is $150.00 with $12.50 shipping. An average of $13.54 per plane. Seems like a good buy if you want the planes for play and not for collecting.

How long has it got to run Bobby?
    It may not prove to be such a good buy at the end of the day.
    Rob.

Buy it now seems the way to go.

The "buy it now" option was what I was looking at. For me, and a lot of us that have series one planes it may not be all that appealing. But for those who got into the game after the series one supply dried up, the price is about what you would have paid getting them at the local game store new and would be a good way to get a complete set to play with.

Given that they're $20 each here... too bad he doesn't ship internationally, darn it.

Something I have never seen before. The $150.00 "buy it now" price is now gone due to someone finally placing the opening bid of $100.00. I'll bet someone who ends up winning the biddiing will pay more than the $150.00 they could have had it for by just buying it outright.

Buy it now is not an option after the 1st bid is placed.

For what I see some the Series 1 minis going for that is a great deal.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

I think it's a good opportunity for those just getting into the game to bid on.

With 12 hours left, bid is at $110.00. I doubt that it will go for that, but if does not go up over the one time $150.00 it would be a good deal. I don't need more series one planes but it is tempting to bid on them. Where were those addiction threads?

Wow such a nice price.....

I would like them, but I can see this getting out of hand.

They went for $152.49. Not bad for a complete series one set, less than what reprints will cost at the LGS. Hope it was an Aerodrome member that got it.