Ares Games

Thread: Wings of War and Wings of Glory

Lien Leposh

Default Wings of War and Wings of Glory

Hi All
    While I was helping out at my friends event "UK games expo" (sorry - shameless plug !) this weekend in Birmingham, I had some free time I spotted and bought both a WWI box called "Wings of War" and another of WWII combat called "Wings of Glory".

I've not had a chance to dissect all the rules and cards etc, but are there any discernable differences between the rulesets and cards (apart from the obvious WWI v WWII in this instance)? Am I right in assuming the games are essentially the same, or are they different beasts? I am slightly confused and want to be clear in my mind before I go and buy anything else.
    Thanks
    Neil

Nexus Games originally owned Wings of War for WWI and Dawn of War for WWII. Dawn of War for WWII was also referred to as Wings of War. The game systems are similar but there are differences between the two, particularly in how movement cards are played. When Ares bought the games the name was changed to Wings of Glory for both.
    Last edited by Coog; 05-27-2012 at 13:39.

Yes you can not play them both together as the speed would not be correct. They are similar but two different beast.

Thomas

Keep in mind that you can play WWII Wings or War and WWII Wings of Glory together. You can do the same with WWI. The differences, as has already been mentioned, are between WWI and WWII.

Lien Leposh

Quote Originally Posted by ptownhiker View Post
    Keep in mind that you can play WWII Wings or War and WWII Wings of Glory together. You can do the same with WWI. The differences, as has already been mentioned, are between WWI and WWII.
    Which means you answered my next question before I got a chance to ask it!
    Cheers