Ares Games
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prague SummerCon 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Same tournament rules as for WW I

with following exceptions:

Collision only when Pegs collide at same altitude with climb counters or at same altitude without climb counters. C-damage token.

I'm not sure if your proposal limiting collision events just to colliding pegs is in accordance with the official rules, Sven. Let's check it out...

By pegs colliding do you mean that a card/base overlaps the other base's/card's central peg/dot? Or both pegs/dots have to be overlapping with the other base/card?

I wanted to say, that for WW II simple overlapping of bases are not enough for an collision.

The point in the middle of one base has to be covered.

After that we check for collisions. (climb markers, etc.)

But you already upgraded the rules.

Colliding pegs happen ONLY when you are not able to place one base onto another because the peg comes in the way This is how I play collisions when playing WITHOUT alt rules.

In other words - what Sven wrote: The point in the middle of one base has to be covered.

@Jan - I assure you Jan, the basic alt rules for both games are not that difficult. They are quite clearly stated in the official rules

But as I wrote before - the point is to have a minimum possible down time in general and in particular (It won't be nice for those exploded standing by watching planes changing altitude for half an hour). So to mimimize that effect I would rather opt for excluding explosion cards from the damage deck. What is your opinion, chaps?

I am all for taking the booms out of the damage decks. There is nothing worse than to eliminate players too early in a game, especially newbies.

As you wish, Andrzej. I don't need explosions.

My game last night showed, that changing altitudes all the time isn't so easy.

The Wildcat F4-3 has a climb rate of 4 - the Pfalz D. III a climb rate of 5!

So the main altitude action would be Immelmanns & Split-S or the dive bombing of the Stuka bombers.

...and remember: There are much planes on the table. Think we'll have the first casualties soon.

From my experience WWII games are more "deadly", the planes go down very soon.
    However we must consider the alt rules MAY slow down games, that's obvious.
    If we want to have an easy gaming, alt stands in the way. We will see

The altitude rules are easy.

I don't think , that there are six planes on the table and nobody can shoot each other because of the altitude rules.

We have a much higher risk for collisions without them.
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 07-26-2012 at 02:10. Reason: bad spelling

yea we shall play with altitude rules they add 3rd dimension to the game and make immelmans and split-s meaningful maneuvers.

and in both wars at least we will try, but I have taught my fellows to play by these rules and everything went smoothly.

Užijte si Con, upřímně vám ho závidím. Bohužel, stále platí, že zítra odjíždím z Prahy pryč.

Enjoy the Con, guys. Unfortunately, it is still true that tomorrow I'm going away from Prague.

We officially have two tables for tommorow. I look forward to seeing you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234