Ares Games
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prague SummerCon 2012

Default Prague SummerCon 2012

Hi, chaps!

Sven, AKA Marechallannes and me are planning to meet in Prague this summer to make some sightseeing and play WoG once or twice. It would be great if you could participate. That could be a great international fun and maybe a start of something annual? Praha seems to be the best place for PL-DE-CZ meetings for many reasons.
    My suggestion is we can make a meeting proudly called Prague SummerCon 2012 in one of the last two weekends of July. Those are the best dates for me and Sven. I know Dan-Sam will be busy in the last July weekend, but what about you, guys? Will there be a chance to meet you?

Best,
    Andrzej.

Andrzej, if all goes well, I might have a week off duty at that time. There is going to be a games event in Letohrad, a town near the place where I live, in the first days of August, probably Wednesday to Friday. In addition to other games (Wh40k, Napoleon etc...), our small local gaming club is going to have a table with Wings of Glory there.

If I know the date in advance, I can arrange being in Praha for the weekend.

It would be an honour to meet you two, either in Praha or in Letohrad.

Great, Jan!

We'd love to meet you and other guys in any place there

Hello, dear Czech players.

The last two July weekends, are ok. If possible I would prefer the last weekend.

Sven and other colleagues!
    The last July weekend is the best for me as well.
    Please check your agenda
    Andrzej.

Mé volné víkendy / my free weekends:

• 10. - 12. 8. 2012
    • 17. - 19. 8. 2012
    • 24. - 26. 8. 2012
    • 7. - 9. 9. 2012
    • 21. - 23. 9. 2012
    • 28. - 30. 9. 2012

S trochou štěstí bych mohl i 26. července.
    May be, evening the 26th of July should be OK for me.

Hi guys you read my mind i was thinking exactly the same not long ago
    The last weekend in July, is ok for me until that am occupied with EvE alliance tournament, you know blowing up internet spaceships is serious business

So we can count on Radek! I have rather no other option than the last weekend of July, for my younger daughter is out on some excursions in early and mid July, in August we have a family vacation... Sven is free that weekend as well. Hope Dan could find an hour for a beer then

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    So we can count on Radek! I have rather no other option than the last weekend of July, for my younger daughter is out on some excursions in early and mid July, in August we have a family vacation... Sven is free that weekend as well. Hope Dan could find an hour for a beer then
    Obávám se, že bez šance - v tu dobu budu úplně mimo Prahu. Doufám, že si to užijete alespoň vy.
    I afraid there is no way. I will be completely off Prague for 10 days. Enjoy it.
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 05-24-2012 at 11:21.

The last weekend of July should be OK for me.

So at least four of us can be there! Sorry for Dan's absence...well there will be a reason to organize another meeting

What a pity. Weekends are impossible for me. Through the summer every weekend including friday evening I'm off Prague.

Maybe it's too early but...

...if we meet for gaming (for example Saturday afternoon - open end) what kind of location would be the best for our European Mini WoG-Con?

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Maybe it's too early but...

...if we meet for gaming (for example Saturday afternoon - open end) what kind of location would be the best for our European Mini WoG-Con?
    I'm sure our Czech friends would recommend a place like pub were they usually meet for gaming?

Andrzej.

I'm sure our Czech friends would recommend a place like pub were they usually meet for gaming?

Andrzej.
    How about this one?

http://www.mephit.cz/cs/prodejna-a-klub/kde-nas-najdete

I would love to attend but the last weekend of July i have to work late-shift at saturday.

Ouch, Daniel, I thought You could join us. Do not worry, the whole gang can meet in Lepzig in autumn I like your city very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    The place seems to be a perfect one! One question: may we get a "drink supply" from a hostinec nearby there? Just asking, not necessary

The place seems to be a perfect one! One question: may we get a "drink supply" from a hostinec nearby there? Just asking, not necessary
    I would say that should not be a problem, there are plenty pubs around: http://www.nelso.cz/cz/praha-5/bary-hospody-a-kluby/

Default SummerCon 2012 Poster

Unofficial, amateur project

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prague SummerCon Poster with flags.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	46866
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prague SummerCon Poster with flags.bmp  
    Last edited by Nightbomber; 05-25-2012 at 12:38.

I have tweaked the lower part of the poster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prague SummerCon Poster with flags.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	46883

Nice, Andrzej!

We need one piece to nail it on the front door of our gaming location!

The location is perfect.

Jan, is this your favourite game club? I readt, that they play WoG once a week.

Think wee need a reservation for Saturday 28th.

Afternoon - evening?

Maybe for 4 - 8 players?

I have not been there yet, it is new and I have been too busy lately, but others have been there and they like it.

We can ask them for a reservation.

Won't carry my whole stuff to Prag, but this is a "new" item I'll not leave at home:

The "Cliff's of Dover" game mat (90 cm x 135 cm)

Super Nice, Sven. How did you make/obtain it? This is the landscape most appropriate for BoB scenarios!

You should definitely bring this mat with you! I can bring some miniatures of course, but think our friends will have plenty of them as well

I have not been there yet, it is new and I have been too busy lately, but others have been there and they like it.

We can ask them for a reservation.
    Ok, things are getting hot.

I want to make a reservation for a bus ticket to Prag and a hotel room near this gaming location.

But I need to know if we can get a table reservation for Saturday 28th (afternoon - evening) at this club.

Sven, I am not sure if the staff of the club even know what is going to happen in over a month.

I will try asking them ASAP.

Sven, I am not sure if the staff of the club even know what is going to happen in over a month.

I will try asking them ASAP.
    If you please, Jan

We are going in two or even three cars (two - three families): 3-4 members of my Flight with me. We are now searching for an accomodation. A hotel Bolonia was recommended to us.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/resi...FcRF3wodwRdpYg

[Let me bring some awards for the best scoring participants]

See you.
    Andrzej.

Well, if a hotel was recommended to you by someone you trust, go for it.

Andrzej, Sven, what top price are we talking about, so that I can check other hotels (if you want me to)?

Jan, I think this location is quite good for us. My wife has already made a reservation. Thank you very much for offering help.

Sven, what about your plans?

Good news, dear wingmen.

I can't come with my family, so I'll arrive Saturday 28th, 11:18 am at the Bus Station Praha Wilsonova (think it's near the main station) and will leave Sunday 29th, 17:38 pm per bus from the same location.

So it's enough time for a Mittagessen, WoG gaming, finish the day with a few beers, sleeping and a few hours of sightseeing in the golden city.

I'll have a look for a hotel between the main station and our gaming location. Think 50 Euros for a night will be fine.

Jan, if you got an info for a good location, please let me know.

OK, so we may slowly plan a daily agenda! To finish Saturday in some famous beer pub (U Fleku or any other suggested by our friends) would be a great option.
    I'll have - for sure - 2 players with me. The other 2 are not confirmed yet.

My crew so far:
    1. Andrzej (Nightbomber)
    2. Sławek,
    3. Filip.

Sven, why don't you book a room in the same hotel as Andrzej and his crew then?

As for the pub, I actually consider most of the so-called "famous" pubs just tourist traps, aimed at pulling as much cash out of your pockets as possible while giving you the absolute minimum service they can, while they live out of their reputation that is no longer such.

I would say some of the less known pubs may offer us a better service.

By the way, maybe one or two of the shops selling WOW/WOG stuff may be open on Sunday and they are not terribly far from the city centre (one, sadly the one that is almost out of WOW stuff, is right on Vaclavske namesti - the city square with the historical National Museum building and the famous horse statue), so if you need anything they still have in stock, we can go there too. The other, significantly better stocked shop has irregular opening hours announced only like two days in advance as they mostly function as an online shop. It is still within reasonable distance from the centre though.

http://hras.cz/section.aspx?searchText=wings+of+war

http://www.svet-deskovych-her.cz/her...-c-83_121.html
    http://www.svet-deskovych-her.cz/her...r-c-83_52.html

Good idea with non-tourist pubs and shopping, Jan.
    We will follow your guidelines.

Sven, why don't you book a room in the same hotel as Andrzej and his crew then?
    Done for 59 Euros.

So I have no problems to find my room after the good czech beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Done for 59 Euros.

So I have no problems to find my room after the good czech beer.
    GREAT NEWS!
    We will turn the hotel restaurant in an Officer's Mess

One more thing.

I was asked whether we want one or two tables. Tables are either 140x80cm or with the standard gaming desk placed on them 180x120cm.

What do you think?

One big table will be enough, I think. More fun with all the players (great battles) - however, if more Czech friends will come, there may be a need for two tables.
    It's up to you to decide, Jan.

I think there will probably be just Shivaja and me, so there won't be too many people. However, some may want to try WWII (Shivaja has quite a few WWII planes) while some will want to play WWI. Maybe having two tables would be useful?

With actual 6 players I think one big table is enough. 3 vs. 3 is real fun.

I'll come with the "Cliffs of Dover" map 90x135 cm (and planes), so we can play a WW II game, too.

We need 1 or 2 Stukas, Messerschmitts, Spitfires and Hurricanes.

I second Sven's opinion. It does not matter for me what (WGF or WGS) we play For my mates it's the same. I'll bring some minis from both periods (new 2. P-40's and 2. Yaks as well). Sven's map is cool We can even arrange a mini BoB campaign!

Think, if Jan or Radek could organize the two WW I gaming mats we have perfect conditions.

We need two WW I Deluxe Sets and two WW II Deluxe Sets.

If I know what kind, I could could bring one with me.

What about Clippers Caproni Ca.4? I could could make it available, too. Jan has a lot of Italian planes and prefers Albatrosses D.III.

Well i can bring all my ww2 planes that means deluxe set plus serie 1 and 2 thats all i have.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast