Ares Games

Thread: Good Deals on eBay?

Default Good Deals on eBay?

I did just score two DVII's - a Goering for $27 and a Schafer for $26 from a guy in PEI. Seems like his items are going for reasonable amounts, his Albatross DV's went for the low $20's each! You may want to check out his mats if you are still in the market for them. Good luck, I already have my set.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=W....c0.m270.l1313

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    I did just score two DVII's - a Goering for $27 and a Schafer for $26 from a guy in PEI. Seems like his items are going for reasonable amounts, his Albatross DV's went for the low $20's each! You may want to check out his mats if you are still in the market for them. Good luck, I already have my set.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=W....c0.m270.l1313

His auctions ended low because shipping to the US was prohibitive (15.00)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

His shipping to BC, Canada was $15 as well. I was watching those items as well but didn't bid for that reason.

HMMMM? I think I'm a little Po'D. I bought two of them. For the week I've been watching them on my ebay page, it said free shipping there the whole time. Now I'm out an additional $21.

James

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I think that might be a glitch with eBay, because I have seen that on a number of auctions I've been watching. In my eBay page it says free but when I go into the actual listing there is a price.

USD 15 shipping. I think ebay have a policy about high shipping and handling costs. you might have a right to complain and pay a sensible price....

I have passed up a few that were goiong cheapish, but wanted between $12 and $20 to ship to Australia. Worth it if I win 4 or 5 planes, but I don't want to be bidding high to make the post affordable on the 2 I just won, if you know what I mean.

Dave

In the Q&A section for his listing he did say he would do combined shipping. Mine was for $12USD and I have requested a revised abount. I'll post it here once I know what that is.

Yes, I had bid on a few initially for the Wunderhaus but subsequently the seller added the shipping pricing as 15 + 2 for each additional mini which meant you needed to win 5-6 auctions before it came worthwhile. If Canuck can get a discount on the shipping then he scored big on the 2DVIIs he picked up. Who here got the Brumowski ?

Seller has no clue why his listings show free shipping on my ebay page but here is his response about the shipping price:

"Shipping light or small items is much cheaper thru the US postal system. Here in Canada if it's over 2cm thick it's a parcel with heavier pricing. The main reason that the price is $18 is because to be covered thru Paypal protection the item has to be shipped with some sort of tracking. I could ship it for about half that price but wouldn't have the seller protection."

James

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I always ship my stuff without tracking and have never had a problem. It's automatically insured through Canada post for up to $100 so you don't need PayPal protection for under $100

My 2 Fokker DVII's shipped for $12USD. I know that one plane in a Canada Post small parcel box is $10 as I have shipped some myself. Same price for me to ship one to the US. So an extra $2 for shipping is about right. That makes it $65 USD all inand shipped for the two. I'm happy with that.

I'm happy, he cut the shipping in half to $10.50. Works for me.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    My 2 Fokker DVII's shipped for $12USD. I know that one plane in a Canada Post small parcel box is $10 as I have shipped some myself. Same price for me to ship one to the US. So an extra $2 for shipping is about right. That makes it $65 USD all inand shipped for the two. I'm happy with that.

Sweet

Just watched a Goering go on eBay for $36.51 plus $5.65 shipping, $42.16 in all.

That's relatively cheap for a Goering.

OMG!!!

The insanity continues! Cards Coins and Collectibles has just listed a bunch of the most desired WWI WOW aircraft with a starting bid of $78!!!!!!!
    Only to be beaten by the $145-$250 SE5As listed earlier on ebay and Amazon.com!

James

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

This is just getting stupid since thanks to these idiotic "collectors" and speculators its become very difficult to get any Fokker model.
    And why has the Goering become so desirable in the first place unless its because its been the best choice for people wanting to do repaints.
    At the moment it looks like the best solution to getting a D.VII is to just by the cards in the Top Fighters then go down the Shapeways/Skytrex/Riviresco route for the model.
    Heck, Reviresco does a set of Udet decals, you can find Schaefer markings on one of Dom`s sheets and Goering`s all white plane could be easily done from a generic sheet!

I agree with you rabbit,If they are "collecting" them then why are they selling em.They're profitiers,scalpers,etc...

Could not agree more Chuck, but the only way to stop them is not to buy the items............

Quote Originally Posted by James Denberger View Post
    OMG!!!

The insanity continues! Cards Coins and Collectibles has just listed a bunch of the most desired WWI WOW aircraft with a starting bid of $78!!!!!!!
    Only to be beaten by the $145-$250 SE5As listed earlier on ebay and Amazon.com!

James
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit 3 View Post
    This is just getting stupid since thanks to these idiotic "collectors" and speculators its become very difficult to get any Fokker model.
    And why has the Goering become so desirable in the first place unless its because its been the best choice for people wanting to do repaints.
    At the moment it looks like the best solution to getting a D.VII is to just by the cards in the Top Fighters then go down the Shapeways/Skytrex/Riviresco route for the model.
    Heck, Reviresco does a set of Udet decals, you can find Schaefer markings on one of Dom`s sheets and Goering`s all white plane could be easily done from a generic sheet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    I agree with you rabbit,If they are "collecting" them then why are they selling em.They're profitiers,scalpers,etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Could not agree more Chuck, but the only way to stop them is not to buy the items............

Kameraden, come to the Wunderhaus.

It is not immoral to buy stocks, cars, property, guns, etc. and sell for a profit.

Why is it wrong to buy WOW miniatures and sell them for a profit ?

In fact, the high prices may encourage Ares to flood the market with a variety of WOG miniatures.

If that happens, the speculators will lose money because the value of the WOW miniatures will decrease.

It must have something to do with the way the planets aligned this week. Can you believe all the large WOW lot's that are are ebay right now!

james

Revieresco DVII $8 + Decals $4 = very happyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	wargame 014.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	49000

Dang pic wont load. The nasty little sucker is in my album if you car to look.

Quote Originally Posted by James Denberger View Post
    It must have something to do with the way the planets aligned this week. Can you believe all the large WOW lot's that are are ebay right now!

james
    Too true. I picked up a lot myself. I couldn't resist. 20 minis, carrying case, drachens, watch, and the base game for $250.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstarny View Post
    Too true. I picked up a lot myself. I couldn't resist. 20 minis, carrying case, drachens, watch, and the base game for $250.
    Heh...heh..heh...I felt that might have been the reason you were hesitating!

Your package shipped out this morning. Something else fell in the box. I hope you enjoy!

James

You got me James. For all my back and forth I bought everything that came my way.

Crap... I should ask my gal up in Toronto to keep an eye on Canadian eBay and act as a purchasing-agent for me... (and yes, Ive been trying to get her into the game, too! )

First I miss the restock at Noble Knight by a month, then this... am I EVER gonna complete my set without having to hock a kidney?

Congrats, though, OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Redstarny View Post
    You got me James. For all my back and forth I bought everything that came my way.
    When the fever gets you, there's no cure.....But lots of mini's helps!

James