Ares Games

Thread: My black, captured Nieuport (contest entry)

Default My black, captured Nieuport (contest entry)

Here is my black captured, fantasy Nieuport (Kibanov repaint) as an contest entry.
    Repaint was quite easy: Citadel Black sprayed twice. Finished with pencil touch to make some silver layer shine through the new paint. Decals taken from 1:72 models of German aircraft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	44808Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-18 17.28.38.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	44807Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	44806
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 05-09-2012 at 03:20.

Wicked. The plane has come out really well! Oh that is tempting! But I have promised myself to paint mine in French colours. I almost did not bother with the Nieuports, but once you have one sitting on your desk looking so cute.. you just have to buy two more to make a good looking flight.

I like it, I voted for it.

Great work Andrzej!

Hope we see this one in our campaign somedays.

This one was in my top 5. I mean, the Nieuport 17 just looks sinister in black!

I love this bird. And so easy to do.
    Congrats Andrzej!

This was the plane that stopped me in my tracks.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    This was the plane that stopped me in my tracks.
    Rob.
    You mean it was so repulsive you had to draw back from the screen, Rob?!

Black is sometimes the hardest color to highlight, but you nailed it! Awesome job!

Thank you Brian. Frankly the best part is the paint choice. Since I discovered Citadel Chaos Black Spray Can I have never gotten any better effect of black prime or final coat, even using an airbrush. And a regular pencil touch makes the thing afterwards.

This a beautiful painting! You deserve all of our congratulations, Andrzej!

You also had a very popular craft among my English students. You had over 20 votes in our poll. I still can't help but think of that great scene from Spinal Tap . . . "It's like, you can't get anymore black." Great model!

Looks stunning, very dramatic this one!
    Had me fooled that it was Kyte's entry - What with all that black.

/Niclas

Quote Originally Posted by Mveeder View Post
    You also had a very popular craft among my English students. You had over 20 votes in our poll. I still can't help but think of that great scene from Spinal Tap . . . "It's like, you can't get anymore black." Great model!
    WoW! Thank you so much. Please pass my regards to your students, Sir! Maybe that contest could encourage them to join our playing community?

I have about seven 8th and 9th graders that are regular wargamers. I also run a youth group called the Fort Orange Gamers that meets once a month. We have about 25 regular members and this Saturday we will have Napoleonics, micro armor and you guessed it . . . Wings of War. The kids loved the contest and two of my 8th grade girls are staying after tomorrow to try thier hands at painting. Can anyone say Pink and Green Sopwith Camel? I can't wait to see what they do with it!