Ares Games

Thread: Miks House rules

Users Country Flag

Name
    michael
    Sorties Flown

Default Miks House rules

Below are my house rules not yet play tested they will be soon. These rules are my best effort which will be used with some of the house rules I have read in this section. Hope you like them.

Wings of Glory house rules

1) There is no smoke without fire when allied and late war Japanese aircraft smoke they take six counters they take 1 A damage as each is removed. Early war Japanese aircraft without armour or self sealing tanks take nine counters, taking 1 A damage as each is removed.

2) When allied late war aircraft are on fire they four fire counters, late war Japanese aircraft take four counters, removing a fire counter they take 1 B damage. When on fire early war Japanese aircraft without armour or self sealing tanks take eight counters removing a counter they take 1 B damage. Crew may declare a bail out at at any time before the fire consumes the aircraft. Special rules section on fire does not apply.

3) All aircraft have 4 arcs the normal shooting arc, and one exactly the same to the rear when shooting head to head the shooter gets -1, and +1 for shooting at the rear. The other two left and right arcs are -2. The shooter requires 4+ (average pilot. rookies are 3+) on a D10 to hit. Experienced pilots get +1 aces get +2. Players must agree on what is required to be experienced fly 5 completed missions for example.
    All A damage counters marked 0, (not to be confused with the Zero aircraft) count as 1 point of damage. All B and C damage counters marked 0 count as 2 points of damage.

4) Early war Japanese aircraft without armour or self sealing tanks have their points reduced by 33% round down fractions. Alternatively you can use whatever percentage everyone can agree on

5) A Hellcat is 22 Vs a Wildcat at 17, Bombers such as the Hienkel 111 and B25 Mitchel should be increased by 10%.

Missing the target is now more likely, hitting is a little more deadly. Small fires (smoke counters) are big trouble especially for early Japanese aircraft and when your on fire I think its time to bail out.
    Rule three was written for a friend who does not like the A, B, C, D, counter system. He wanted an all dice shooting system. I offer rule three as a compromise.

Campaign maintenance rule.

Each plane in a squadron has a plane captain who keeps his aircraft air worthy. Each plane captain has a maintenance team who can repair 1 point of damage per day. A maximum of two teams may work on an aircraft. Example 12 Wildcats return with 9 damaged aircraft. They have 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, and 10, On day one nine teams repair 9 point of damage. Squadron damage is now 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, and 9. Engineers would repair the least damaged aircraft first so the three spare teams would work on the planes with 3 damage points.. One aircraft is made serviceable, On the second day Damage is 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, and 9. At the end of the second day three teams repair their aircraft and two teams per aircraft on the others mean that 4 aircraft are now serviceable. Damaged aircraft are now 1, 1, and 7 at the start of day three. At the end of day three only the seriously damaged Wildcat has 5 points of damage, It will take another 3 days to repair.

Mik - I think you posted this in the WWI section. You may want to edit and repost under WWII just to ensure the correct audience views it.

Thanks,
    Michael

Users Country Flag

Name
    michael
    Sorties Flown

sorry everyone i'll do that now.
    mik the stick

Hey Mik - don't be sorry. It's all cool! Have a great day.

MB

Similar Missions

1. House Rules
    By CappyTom in forum Polls
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-18-2020, 12:50
  2. My House Rules
    By rcboater in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 22:14
  3. Possible house rules
    By Pooh in forum WGF: House Rules