Ares Games

Boney10

New Shapeways Fokker DR1

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
Hi chaps, most will know of the issue I personally have had with the Shapeways DR1 and the "knitted" lines on the models.
I have mailed Shapeways CS and have received the following reply.

Just got feedback about your planes, because the planes have wheels at the front and the tail is on the ground the model has not a flat surface. Because it was located like this: \ in the printer you will always get printing lines in your model.

We can not decide the printing direction of the models customers order, we just select about 20 models and we let our software decide how to fill the tray most efficient.

So, if I got this right, it depends where your model is on the printing tray as to if you get pretty patterns on your model or not. It does seem now that it is pot luck.
I would point out that the Shapeways CS have been helpful and offered a refund, which I will use to tryout the kit DVII model to see if thats ok.
Just a bit dissapointed over the DR1 quality.

Submit "New Shapeways Fokker DR1" to Digg Submit "New Shapeways Fokker DR1" to del.icio.us Submit "New Shapeways Fokker DR1" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Shapeways Fokker DR1" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments