Ramblings Over the Front

My Kingdom for...

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
..a Thomas-Morse S-4C!

Name:  a79a8079dcd039471c113a77ed738bc78c9f5691.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  48.5 KB

It is a very small kingdom I offer, the size of a postage stamp really, but if Shapeways designers can provide us with the Curtiss JN-4 Jenny (thank you Colinwe), and the Kettering Bug (thanks Z's, Kampfflieger, and Columbia Aerodrome), then certainly we can see a Tommy! Did it see service? Yes, albeit as a trainer. But how cool is the Tommy? It was made in large numbers, became the iconic World War I movie plane after the war, and looks darn good.

In looking at the unofficial stats file, it appears there might be a few ratings issues:

Altitude - Service ceiling was 15,000 feet, so a rating of 5 is right out.
Climb - Could climb at a rate between the Albatros D.II and D.III, closer to the latter, so the rating of 11 is really off.

I am thinking the stats team might have the numbers reversed on the spreadsheet, and I would suggest the climb rate be 4.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-18 095300.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  24.3 KB

Strnad, Frank. The Thomas Morse Scout. London: Profile Publications, 1966.
Swanborough, Gordon and Bowers, Peter. United States Navy Aircraft since 1911. London:Putnam, Second edition, 1976.

Submit "My Kingdom for..." to Digg Submit "My Kingdom for..." to del.icio.us Submit "My Kingdom for..." to StumbleUpon Submit "My Kingdom for..." to Google

Comments