Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I

Rate this Entry
Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  13.6 KB

Wrapping up the Pfalz Dr.I when decals arrive, having another go at the SS D.I since I hated how the paint scheme turned out, looking towards a Roland D.IIa for the Eastern Front, and one more crazed idea...a Euler D.I! I posted about this obscure plane last year, and might tackle one in one of two directions:

1. Ares Chaput N.11 repaint, cutting off the Lewis gun or
  2. Reduced Aircraft Factory Shapeways N.16 with the synchronized gun

If I go the Chaput route, I know it will take two coats of linen color to cover the dark camo scheme on the Chaput. The win here is that the finish will be smooth. If I go for a Shapeways offering, the paint work is about the same, adding a layer of primer first before painting the base linen color. The synchronized version also means less work. I also know that the finish will be slightly grainy using the Gray PA12 print.

Performance wise, well, it ain't great! The Euler was slower than the N.11, so the E Deck is probably out. Might have to look at the XD Deck (I think) or come up with another solution. Climb rate was also worse than the N.11. But I do love the obscure and the simple paint scheme of the Euler is appealing.

Name:  329-2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  43.1 KB

More on this one in the future!

Submit "The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I" to Digg Submit "The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I" to del.icio.us Submit "The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I" to Google

Comments

At a max speed of 140 km/h the unofficial aircraft stats worksheet would give it a XD deck.
    I thought as much...it sucks! That's why I want to do one.