Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part III

Rate this Entry
Name:  20230526_043541.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  56.9 KB

The paint has arrived, and a coat of Vallejo Middlestone has been applied. A tad more yellow in appearance in the picture than real life, and the digital shows some primer coming through that is tough to see with the naked eye, so another bit of touch up is in order. Next steps will be to paint the underside a pale light blue, which I do not believe I have a suitable color already in the paint collection, so might be a bit more shopping! After that will be to do the details (struts, machinegun, pilot, etc.), then add the flat brown sections to complete the camo.

Decals will be ordered from Miscellaneous Miniatures.

Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part III" to Digg Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part III" to del.icio.us Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part III" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part III" to Google

Comments

What type of airbrush are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry R.
    What type of airbrush are you using?
    No airbrush...that is painted on...hence the few misses I guess. Put another spot coat on and looking better. Again, the color in the photo has a lot more yellow, and I think once the flat brown and crosses have been added it will be pretty decent (I hope).