Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!

Rate this Entry
Name:  20230509_200335.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  38.0 KB

Starting with another Ares Chaput as the base plane, I have created the Nieuport N.11 of Victor Chapman, the first pilot in N.124 to be killed in combat. A few coats of AK Clear Doped Linen Version 2, some crimson on the wheel covers, and then the addition of the historically accurate roundels on the top wing and we have a nice addition to the N.124 collection. The roundels on the underside of the wings are still the French ones, as found on the actual aircraft. A cost of satin varnish, then I added the top wing roundels (obtained from Miscellaneous Miniatures), using the Vallejo decal fix and decal softener, with then a coat of matte varnish overall, and we have an easy repaint. I have seen this plane shown with a camo lower wing on the starboard side, as well as the doped linen, and went with the doped to give it a uniform and clean look.

Submit "Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!" to Digg Submit "Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!" to del.icio.us Submit "Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!" to Google

Comments