Ares Games

BwanaJoe

Two seater Rear Gunner Effectiveness - another idea

Rate this Entry
[QUOTE=OldGuy59;566790][QUOTE=Blackronin;566785]I think that everyone should play the way they want. If a movie like Flyboys can be made, hey!, you can fly in reverse if you can convince someone to play that way. :)

I love to go against 2 seaters and I don't really like to play with them unless it is in a given scenario.

I use the following house rules combined with official rules to make it spicy and interesting:

[B]Ace gunners:[/B]
+1 Aim bonus
Blindspot
[B][I]Notes:[/I][/B] They are scary and they should be. You put your fighter in the crosshair of this gunner and you're sealing your fate.

[B]Veteran Gunners[/B]
+1 Aim bonus only during non restricted maneuvers
Blindspot
Immelmann restriction
[B][I]Notes:[/I][/B] These gunner are experienced and they know what to do.

[B]Standard Gunners[/B]
+1 Aim bonus only during straight maneuvers
Blindspot
Immelmann restriction
[B][I]Notes:[/I][/B] Typical gunners. You can fire against their two seaters and still be out of their danger zone.

[B]Rookie Gunners[/B]
never has +1 Aim bonus
Can only fire during non restricted maneuvers
Blindspot
Immelmann restriction
[B][I]Notes:[/I][/B] If you're playing a campaign they should stop being rookies after a couple of missions. Very useful for specific moments of the war when pilots and gunners were pressed into service with minimal training.[/QUOTE]

:sAprvd::thumbsup::clap:

This is not likely to be in the Campaign and Scenario Pack, but it looks terrific. Using the Over-the-Trenches experience rules would work well with this, too.

For my current campaign, I am using the following rules. Please note these have not been play-tested, as we haven't played enough games to get any one pilot to even elite level.

[QUOTE]Gaining Experience (CVGG - Optional)
For the current campaign, players will start with one Veteran and one Rookie. The Veteran will have one Ace Skill (chosen by player, but only basic level Ace skills).

[B]Rookies[/B]
Rookies will follow the Wings of Glory Optional Rules, and progress using the WGS “Rookies in a Campaign” Rules. Each Rookie crewman keeps his status until he achieves one of the following:
- he personally hits targets (airplanes, troops, AA guns, etc…) a total of 5 times;
- he personally shoots down a plane;
- his plane successfully completes a mission where it must hit one or more ground targets, or take pictures of it;
- he survives through his third game.
Starting the next game, he is considered to be a Veteran.

[B]Veterans[/B]
Any pilot not a Rookie is a Veteran. Veterans are subject to all normal rules. After 5 Victories, they are able to select an Ace skill. Veterans cannot select the Super Ace skill, nor any Level II skill. On acquiring five Ace skills, the Veteran becomes a Class Three Elite.

[B]Elite Crews[/B]
Elite crews are pilots or observers with five or more Ace skills. Only Elite individuals can select the Super Ace skill (meaning they can select it only on attaining their sixth Ace skill or later), or Level II skills

Elite Crews are divided into three Classes:

- Class Three Elite: Any crew having five or more Ace skills is a Class Three Elite. Class Three Elites use damage decks with four Zero cards removed (Special Damage cards must remain in the deck). Upon achieving 11 Ace skills, the pilot is elevated to Class Two.

- Class Two Elite: Any crew having eleven or more Ace skills is a Class Two Elite. Class Two Elites use damage decks with all but three Zero cards removed (Special Damage cards must remain in the deck). Upon achieving 15 Ace skills, the pilot is elevated to Class One.

- Class One Elite: Any crew having fifteen or more Ace skills is a Class One Elite. Class One Elites use damage decks with all but three Zero cards removed, and all but three One cards removed (Special Damage cards must remain in the deck).

There are no additional experience ranks above Class One Elite.[/QUOTE]

Now, I will be adding in Joaquim's [Blackronin] Gunner/Observer skill levels to this list.[/QUOTE]

Submit "Two seater Rear Gunner Effectiveness - another idea" to Digg Submit "Two seater Rear Gunner Effectiveness - another idea" to del.icio.us Submit "Two seater Rear Gunner Effectiveness - another idea" to StumbleUpon Submit "Two seater Rear Gunner Effectiveness - another idea" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments