Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

Diving Back In

Rate this Entry
More like a slow dive....

I had sold all my Wings stuff a couple of years ago as I wanted to focus on WWI air combat using Check Your 6. To be honest, I enjoy CY6 more than I do Wings (heretic, right?). I feel like CY6 provides a better feel as well as more realistic maneuvers for our little planes on the tabletop. I had quite a collection of aircraft with some modified paint jobs, extra decks, ace skill cards, tools of the trade, etc., etc. Sold it really for a song, but I also know they are being used by an appreciative group.

Recently I have been attending the Wings gaming still going on by the members of the Wright Flight, held the second Saturday of the month at Dragon's Guildhall in greater Dayton, Ohio. The location provides a large gaming area, nice lighting, snacks and drinks for sale, and is convenient not only for Dayton area gamers by those in Cincinnati and Columbus as well as it is just a few minutes off of I-675 on the east side of the city. The comradery is still strong in the group, although some of the faces have changed over time. We have lost some members...a young gamer named John who was killed in a freak accident at his work a few years ago, and more recently our good friend matt56. The group keeps gaming, and has hundreds of aircraft to use, including a slew of modified and Shapeways offerings.

To that end, I've picked up a few planes again. On order are several Chaput N.11s to modify as Escadrille Americaine, and I have a couple of other oddball planes that do not fit anywhere in the grand scheme of things, but two of which were from matt56's collection, so that at least in some way his spirit lives on.

So, I am back, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Submit "Diving Back In" to Digg Submit "Diving Back In" to del.icio.us Submit "Diving Back In" to StumbleUpon Submit "Diving Back In" to Google

Comments

Welcome back predhead! There are lots of fun games out there, but I always find myself wanting to play Wings of Glory. I have found this particular game helps me to satisfy my modeller fix, my collectors fix, and my gamer fix. If they could put this game in pill form I would be an addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle
    Welcome back predhead! There are lots of fun games out there, but I always find myself wanting to play Wings of Glory. I have found this particular game helps me to satisfy my modeller fix, my collectors fix, and my gamer fix. If they could put this game in pill form I would be an addict!
    LMAO!