Ares Games

Tripods & Triplanes: The War of the Worlds, January 1918 onwards

The Eve of the New War...

Rate this Entry
[SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black][U]Foreword[/U][/FONT][/SIZE]

Just a brief starter to say a big 'thank you' to Hedeby and Flying Officer Kyte for helping me sort out how to post a Blog Entry! (Long story mainly involving this narrator's 'operator error')! And another 'thank you' to Hedeby for patiently working with me to get me signed up to the forum in the first place - and to all those who worked in the background to make this happen. And more 'thank yous' go out to the various wingmen and forum folks who have made my first venture into this game a very pleasant one indeed! My gaming table will always be open to you, with plenty of cups of tea at the ready.

And in a quick note, this story-driven Campaign borrows heavily from such sources of H.G. Wells 'The War of the Worlds', Jeff Wayne's Musical version of 'The War of the Worlds', Wings of Glory WW1 and Tripods & Triplanes, this is a fun Campaign purely for enjoyment purposes and maybe to encourage those who haven't, to see the rich background involving a certain Martian Invasion of Earth. All copyrights belong to their respective owners and full credit given to those who have inspired the unfolding events in this Campaign. Timelines, places have been altered for the sake of the story.

Now on with the Tripods and Triplanes Campaign Prologue!

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5]Campaign Prologue: The Eve of the New War[/SIZE][/FONT]

It was Midnight January 1st, 1918. New Year’s Day. Four years of calamitous war had taken its massive toll on the Earth. Millions of needless deaths across the planet locked in pointless conflict. I look back now and remember the tales once told…

'It will be over by christmas' they said.

No one would have believed that in our planet's darkest hour that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

Few people even considered the possibility of life on other planets, locked in their own petty conflict, humankind against humankind. And yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours, regarded this Earth with envious eyes...

And slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us...

[IMG]https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=302271&d=1622469593[/IMG]

Submit "The Eve of the New War..." to Digg Submit "The Eve of the New War..." to del.icio.us Submit "The Eve of the New War..." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Eve of the New War..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments