Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 7: Diversity and Invitational Game

Rate this Entry
18/06/2016

Today was a big day. When I woke up I was looking forward to playing my favourite games again. When we (me and Andy, today I was a little late) came to the Buckeye Gamers in Flight site the WWI mission was already running (Dragon Hunt) and Ann was just preparing her Sails of Glory mission. I played Sails only once on Prague Summer Con '16 (Sven was a GM) so I tried again. I jumped into with Chris, my wingmen, and we played British fleet with a mother charming lady and her husband. I was sunk after half an hour and received more powerful ship. We pushed French fleet pretty hard and in one moment there were any French ship in the area! After that another French fleet was engaging us, but I saved a spy from the island and run away, so we won. I was credited with HMS Bellona ship and after a short discussion went to Area place to buy another ships...

Mighty French Fleet Is Comming!
Name:  20160618_114215.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  128.3 KB

My Ship Waiting for a Spy
Name:  20160618_114310.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  151.8 KB

When my shopping fever has passed (after one full big red bag) I joined Luftwaffe over Chanel in Tom's mission. I played with Andrzej, Dave and one another (X-Wing) guy out Fw.190s and the other side played Mustangs under Glenn's command. Suddenly, we won the game and I received a special prize - damage token bags (yahoo!). I have only one photo from the game that shows how Lady Luck can be cruel - Glenn missed my plane only millimeters...

Glenn's Mustang Was so Close...
Name:  20160618_152457.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  94.6 KB

During our English mission guys from B.G.I.F. were preparing the tables and minis for the Grand Game - Invitational Tournament. There were 8 mats and 66 planes ready to flight. The system was based on getting better and better plane when you died. You started with SPAD S.VII, continued with Sopwith Camel and ended with RAF Se.5a for example (like me).

The Battlefield Is Ready for Game
Name:  20160618_180840.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  139.8 KB

I wanted to play next to Chris like yesterday (during WWII Invitational Tournament), but the side, plane and position near table was based on random cards. But finally I had Chris (fast.git) on my right side and Peter (Teaticket) on my left side. So two most finest players that I could play with (Peter drove 15 hours to get here and Chris joined him in his car and drove with him for more than 11 hours!). We played in the middle section and had a pretty hard opponents - Glen, Bob, Nancy and Ann. For example, Nancy was running away for more than 12 moves! After them I received a special coin and helped others (every player who shot someone down received a cool coin from GM himself)! Time was running down and both of my wingmen did not have a coin yet. I crossed all my fingers and tried to help them. And then it comes. One move before the last move Chris won over a German fighter and in the last turn Peter shot down another plane! Wonderful game, especially for cool speaking of our opponents. Thank you for a wonderfull game!

The Whole Battlefield During Play
Name:  20160618_185419.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  181.9 KB

My SPAD in Action
Name:  20160618_185530.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  159.4 KB

Our Middle Section Group
Name:  20160618_221815.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  159.8 KB

Two Great Buddies - Andrzej & Keith
Name:  20160618_222041.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  138.4 KB

Keith told me that he has something special for me - a superb Blériot picture with the Statue of Freedom signed by all my great friends! I was really moved. Thank you my friends, you are the best!

The Most Beautiful Gift
Name:  20160618_220533.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  152.3 KB

The day ended with a nice company on Bar on 2. It was interesting to hear Bob and Beth talking about their home and job. A perfect end of the perfect day.

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 7: Diversity and Invitational Game" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 7: Diversity and Invitational Game" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 7: Diversity and Invitational Game" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 7: Diversity and Invitational Game" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:15 by Dan-Sam

Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

Nice pictures and fantastic games!

What more so you need?

...more SoG ships.
    Thanks again for your Blog Daniel.
    It is almost the only thing keeping us in touch with the outside world.
    With your permission i would like to print the sails bit on the Anchorage if that is O.K.

Rob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte
    Thanks again for your Blog Daniel.
    It is almost the only thing keeping us in touch with the outside world.
    With your permission i would like to print the sails bit on the Anchorage if that is O.K.

Rob.
    Od course, Rob. No problem with it. I hope I will join the Anchorage soon again
    Wow that's one massive battlefield
    Thanks again for posting
    Great pics from a great time. Told you you'd have the time of your life Dan.