Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 6: Game Mastering and Others

Rate this Entry
17/06/2016

Andy was late. Me and Keith were waiting for him for, but we serrendered and went for a breakfast without him. He cough is in a que and we took our boxes and continued to the main hall.
I was little nervous - the day started with my WWII mission called Sky Over the Railyard. I usually run missions in Prague without being nervous, but this mission was special. My own design of gaming mat (my hometown Havlíčkův Brod - you can look on Google Maps) with combination of three trains (engine + officers car + AA gun car + 3x cars with Tiger tanks + AA gun car again; a huge "thank you" to Mike - you are my hero!) makes me nervous a little. Fortunately, Keith and other guys run the important. roles (rules explaining, AA guns setting, bureaucracy etc.) and I could focused on the mission. Honestly, it was like a Hollywood movie - Americans destroyed about 17 from 21 cars and won. The most scoring ace was Andy - 1x plane, 3x car. Fine was that whole family joined us and play together - they received one of prizes after the game. Thank you to all volunteers who help me with this mission - I really appreciate it!

Few Shots from the End
Name:  20160617_105303.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  186.7 KB

Name:  20160617_105253.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  197.5 KB

Name:  20160617_102336.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  189.2 KB

I needed a break so I went to the Exhibition Hall and took a look around me. Andy recommended me Duel in the Dark game and 15$ wasn't much so I bought it

The Exhibition Hall (about 20 %)
Name:  20160617_122656.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  175.3 KB

When I finished a shopping intermezzo weber bungie a lunch to near restaurant. Tom brought a cool and easy card game, Czech football (soccer) team vs.
For the Croatian played 2:2 so it was a very satisfied lunch.

An American Restaurant
Name:  20160617_133354.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  166.4 KB

For next mission I switched back to WWI and play a "Dragon" Albatros D.Va. The most successful player was Peter (hats off!) and look what he did me during the first shooting.

Peter's Gifts
Name:  20160617_162737.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  210.4 KB

The last mission ad the day was special - an invitational game with about 20+ players. We started with Zero vs. Wildcats and who failed could take a late war plane (Ki-84,...). I played well, but Randit (Black Sheep One) is a master of combos and he shooted me down in the last turn and won the whole mission. I was the third and received a right to choose a price (WGF RAP).

invitational Game
Name:  20160617_183245.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  159.1 KB

By the way, do you need a proof that Aerodrome Accessories stuff is ok? Look at Keith, the e-shop owner, sitting on his foams (minus inside!).

Wings of Glory Zen
Name:  20160617_212626.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  196.6 KB

After debriefing in Barkley's it's time to sleep. Good night, Ohio.

Good Night, Ohio
Name:  20160617_214802.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  106.7 KB

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 6: Game Mastering and Others" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 6: Game Mastering and Others" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 6: Game Mastering and Others" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 6: Game Mastering and Others" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:14 by Dan-Sam

Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

i had great fun doing your scenario daniel!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73
    i had great fun doing your scenario daniel!!!!
    That's the best feedback that you could give me, Philip
    Thanks for another great blog Daniel, and well done on your superb game.
    Rob.
    You did a fine job running your game & everyone had a great time!
    I'm glad that your Mission went well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z
    You did a fine job running your game & everyone had a great time!
    I hope you had it. Thank once again for playing all six AA guns - I needed an experienced player for them and you was the best choice from whole Luftwaffe!
    Dan you did a great job. Thanks for making the trip out and it was a great pleasure to meet you in person. Well done. Hope your stay here was enjoyable.

Thomas
    Great Blog Dan
    In the last blogs it is not as interesting like during Origins (just another travel blog), but I don't like unfinished work. Glad if you like it