Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 3: Preparations

Rate this Entry
Time is running like there won't be tommorow and I am counting last days (and hours) until my plane will take off. And of course, much of work must be done! My To Do List has about 31 rows (55 % done!) and there are only two evening to work.

Yesterday, I had a special day. It was a part of my preparations to the journey in some way. On 01/06/2016 I had 30th birthday and my mother gave me a voucher for 1 hour on flight simulator (my mum exactly knows what men are dreaming about). I could choose from two different and very famous plane types - Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 NG. Despite the fact that Iam a fan of Airbus I chose B737 - when you can try pilot a plane once, you want to "feel it in hands"

The reservation was on 10:15, Sunday and me and my girlfriend Jitka headed there to Smíchov part of Prague where both simulators are. After a few minutes waiting we were ushered into the room simulator. There are some sofas, table and, of course, cockpit. I sat on a captain side and the briefing started. The first officer (a pilot student) explained me basics of flying with a big bird like this one and we took off from Václav Havel Airport Prague and tried to applicate basics that I already learned. The Boeing (Czech pilots call them "Bulik") is pretty sensitive and during few seconds I was 500 feets below the flight level. After few minutes I could turn without loosing altitude and headed to the final destination - Port Columbus International Airport. After, ehm, two minutes of loading we were there (I wish I can be there as fast as there) and the runway was in front of us. OK, time to be honest - withou my first officer I could not land. I land about 20 m next to the asphalt runway and I touch the runway after the second jump. Ehm, not a nice grade from landig :embarass: The taking off was OK and we headed to my last destination - Bodø Airport in Norway. After two sucessfull landings there my hour was over.

It was a beautiful hour - full of flying and for a moment I feel like a real pilot (about two minutes when I was not crashing land...). Now, I just must wait if a captain of our flight would be better pilot than me. I hope for it, really

"Tower, flight to Columbus is ready to take off. Over."
Name:  DSC09107.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  94.5 KB

Somewhere over Ohio
Name:  DSC09109.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  75.6 KB

Approaching to the (wrong) airport
Name:  DSC09103.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  160.0 KB

Ready to land on Don Scott Airport
Name:  DSC09105.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  119.2 KB

"What? Wrong airport? OK, so let's take off and try to land at Port Columbus."
Name:  DSC09098.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  203.2 KB

"Runway 10L, Port Columbus, ready to land."
Name:  DSC09106.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  119.6 KB

"Stewardess, do you see gentlemen Keith Upton and Ken Head?"

Name:  DSC09116.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  183.2 KB

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 3: Preparations" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 3: Preparations" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 3: Preparations" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 3: Preparations" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:11 by Dan-Sam

Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

I am pretty sure the only thing you badly missed and long for was the fire button, Daniel!
    Well done!
    See you soon!
    Cracking pics. Glory days and more to come for real. Have a great time.
    Nice pics and intersting story.

Wrong airport?
    looks like fun!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes
    Nice pics and intersting story.

Wrong airport?
    Yeah, something like the Story of Lost Dreamlifter
    Very nice. Glad your mom knows what to get you for your Birthday.