Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Dunkin Does Dundee ... a k a A Tale Of Two Accents!

Rate this Entry
As the investigation continues as to how two Avro Vulcans [I]ended up within 1000 yards of each other [/I]on [B]May 25th 2016 [/B]a transcript has been released of a bizarre conversation between the Officer In Charge and Vulcan sponsor organisation [B]Chopper Squad[/B]. It was during the course of this conversation that as [B]XL321[/B] callsign [I]Fireball 321 [/I]was recovering to base from the south [B]XM595[/B] was cleared to take off from RAF Boddington callsign[I] Thunderball 595 [/I]forcing the inbound XL321 to have to go around:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197636[/ATTACH]

Spectacular that this was as for the first time in decades two mighty Avro Vulcans of the RAF almost flew in formation for around fifteen minutes special measures had to be rushed into force at [B]RAF Boddington [/B]to [I]ensure the safe operation [/I]of two Vulcans. Normally operated one at a time because of their size and speed the Vulcans managed to recover to base one after the other on this occasion raising the question as to whether or not this may be possible again: Only this time intentionally!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197637[/ATTACH]

The transcript raises questions as to who exactly was in the ATC Tower [B](TOOR)[/B] at RAF Boddington when Marie Clare from Chopper Squad [B](MCCS)[/B] phoned and forced the person (suspected to have been [B]Barney D[/B]) in the tower to have to multi-task for a few minutes. During which [B]XM595[/B] was cleared to take off and there were also background noises over the phone which Sylvia at Chopper Squad [B](SFCS)[/B] later admitted was her. For the purposes of clarity as to exactly what was said the transcript has been[B] taken down[I] verbatim [/I][/B]and any other sounds documented in plain English. The phone conversation starts on [B]25MAY16[/B] at [B]12:35 hours[/B].

TOOR: Hello ATC Ops at Boddington.

MCCS: Hey canna speek te the Officer In Charge o todays proceedens?

TOOR: Sure I will just fetch him for you. (SOUND of handset being rested on table / SOUND of Fireball 321 ATC transmission in background: [I]Tower Fireball 321 Base Leg - Over?[/I])

SFCS: (To MCCS) [I]Have you got through OK?[/I]

MCCS: (To SFCS) [I]Yea ah think so.[/I]

TOOR: (SOUND handset being picked up) Aye wat is ut?

MCCS: Urgent request Barn can ye posserbly help me oot thes week end? Yer mi las hope an es only fer Sattadi if we play oor cards reet.

TOOR: Och noooo ah thought thes were gonna happen. An ah gotta go te Manchester earpoort now that ah hav booked et all.

MCCS: But ye sed ye were off te MAN on Sundi? Yer soundin jus like a compleet [B]poofta[/B] when ye say ye cannae do it!

SFCS: [I](Loud guffaw in background!) [/I](SOUND of Fireball 321 ATC transmission in background:[I] Tower Fireball 321 2 mile final to three-six AOS - Over?[/I])

TOOR: Ar ye callin me a [I][B]poofta?[/B][/I]

MCCS: [B]Aye.[/B] Letha pants an a fancy gool shirt ... Right nuff! (SOUND of aircraft engines spooling up in distance.)

SFCS: (To MCCS) [I]Stone me! Is that Barn you are talking to?[/I]

MCCS: (To SFCS) [I]Noo ets Colonel Ingus who dya think ahm talkin te![/I] (SOUND of aircraft passing the Tower at RAF Boddington.)

TOOR: Hang on a mo ah think weev gotta wee problem wi XM595 jus tekkin off ... (SOUND of ATC transmission to XL321: [I]Fireball 321 go around I repeat go around ... CWT![/I])

MCCS: Wilco. (SOUND of ATC transmission from XL321: [I]Fireball 321 going around caution wake turbulence from departing aircraft ... Should have gone to Specsavers![/I])

TOOR: Och fox-fox-sierra OK ahl dee ut seein as ye hav me arm twist aroon me back! Who else us en jus you? (SOUND of ATC transmission to XM595:[I] Thunderball 595 you were not cleared for take off?[/I])

MCCS: Aye. jus me! Hey es everything OK there ets soundin lak thes a spot a botha wi Fireball? (SOUND of ATC transmission from XM595: [I]Thunderball 595 you're kidding! Signalled Go from Tower green light[/I].)

TOOR: Bear wi me a mo ... (SOUND of ATC transmission to all aircraft on frequency from Tower: [I]Fly runway heading climb and maintain 2,500 feet. Fireball 321 maintain visual on Thunderball 595. 200 knots max.[/I])

MCCS: OK wilco.

TOOR: Yeh weev had an unplan departure offa Runway 36 et wer XM595 sayin he gotta green lite offa tha pundit. Back te workin thes weekend poot me doon as en an I will seeya then. RDO me fer Terday an Frydi.

MCCS: OK thank ye! Ah promise ets gonna be Sattadi onli. Yer RDO on Frydis gonna be no problem an the rest o Terday es off too. (SOUND of ATC transmission in background - UNK)

TOOR: OK then ah had betta get back te stuff here ... (SOUND of ATC transmission from XL321: [I]Fireball 321 switching to advisory frequency and maintaining visual on the Thunderball[/I].)

TOOR: Oh an ba tha wey ahm [B]nae[/B] a poofta!

MCCS: Only pullin yer leg there ye know ah wer. (SOUND of ATC transmission from XM595: [I]Thunderball 595 switching to advisory frequency eight-five ... eight-five[/I].)

TOOR: Ahl catch ye termorra then. Behave yoo two fer now!

MCCS: Bye an thanx agen. Hope our big moths all come doon en one peece. (SOUND of telephone handsets being replaced.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197633[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197634[/ATTACH]

[B]Thunderball 595 [/B]with [B]Fireball 321 [/B]behind it made visual approaches and Recovered to Base into RAF Boddington successfully. This has now seriously prompted the question about whether or not this could be done again but this time as arranged and with intent as opposed to unintentionally or by accident. [B]Pioneer 560 / XH560 [/B]is the third and final Avro Vulcan which is currently active in the skies of WGS and potentially combinable with either of the two aircraft which flew today. Had [B]Speedking 655 / XM655 [/B]not found it's way to a new home in Brisbane QLD with new owner [B]Danielle Riley [/B]then a fourth Vulcan would be readily available. Instead [B]XM655[/B] which is able to be activated for WGS if required is no longer listed as part of the [B]Chopper Squad [/B]sponsored line-up but as an [B]OFC:[/B] [I]Oil Flying Corps [/I]aircraft: She could very well be making a journey back to the UK in the early part of 2017.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197635[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images      

Submit "Dunkin Does Dundee ... a k a A Tale Of Two Accents!" to Digg Submit "Dunkin Does Dundee ... a k a A Tale Of Two Accents!" to del.icio.us Submit "Dunkin Does Dundee ... a k a A Tale Of Two Accents!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dunkin Does Dundee ... a k a A Tale Of Two Accents!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments