Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 1: How It All Began

Rate this Entry
It is Thursday, 21//04/2016, 22:30. Tomorrow the fifth Prague Con begins. Three days and two evenings, full of games, friends and fun. And it is the reason why I am writing this text now, because it all begins at Prague Cons.
A four years ago, two friends (Andrzej & Sven) wanted to meet each other and they agreed that the best place to be in Prague, which is halfway between their homes. The first two years were modest - few players in a small room, that was all. The former if Con tradition is also Jan (Watchdog) who was a man in charge these days. Unfortunately, I could not join them, because at the turn of July and August I am usually at a scout camp, where I am a leader. Se there was no chance to attend the Con. All these problems turn off about three yeas ago, when we changed the date of Con to late spring. The Con had a good name, so other participants wated to join the Con and it began to grow rapidly into a regular event. OUr friend Láďa (Ladinek) who is a store owner allow us to held the Con in his game club and we made some new rules and competions.
I said "we" because there is an important man behind scene - Kubajs. He is a professional organizer and also a diplomat. It is clear that the organisation of Con is easy with man like him in your back. By the way, he is also a pretty good player - he won the Prague Con 2014.
The event changed much from the first year. Missions, that will be played, must be prepared and tested before. There are some prizes for the aces of aces and even a small welcoming pack for every participant. But the most important thing - friendship and fun with smell of aviation history - are the same.
Yes, the Prague Con is probably the first step of journey of my life, but I hope it would be not the last and tradition will continue even in next years. For now, just cross your fingers for successful event with marking '16.

Name:  Nadhledy.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  154.3 KB

Name:  Zeppelins 1916 - z nadhledu.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  299.3 KB

Name:  Sven.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  231.6 KB

Name:  White Rose of Stalingrad - hraní.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  315.2 KB

Notice: All photos were made by Honza.

Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 1: How It All Began" to Digg Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 1: How It All Began" to del.icio.us Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 1: How It All Began" to StumbleUpon Submit "Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 1: How It All Began" to Google

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:10 by Dan-Sam

Categories
Origins 2016

Comments

Excellent Daniel!
    Wow!

Nice read my friend.
    Prague Con gets better every year, Daniel! Looking forward to seeing you this summer in Ohio...

All the best,
    Matt
    Very interesting Daniel
    It was not a Prague Con, but my night of gaming with you guys was a special one! I can only imagine how great the actual Con is.