Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 39

Rate this Entry
Replacement entry for original number 39 in which I'm choosing to be honest again about my current situation. My disability for now has won and I was admitted to hospital on December 18th on a Section 28. So I may be here for some time and as for the damage this potentially could cause to my playing career - well I will just have to take that on the chin. I am on my phone as here you only get one hour internet access every day and I have burned most of that finding and buying a few diecast 1/72 Grumman TBF or TBM Avenger models. To go with the two Grumman F6F Hellcats I currently have displayed on my window sill.

Thing is the website is microscopically tiny to read on my phone so I don't spend anything like the time I used to on here. Looks like I will be heading for lurkers-ville for the foreseeable. I won't be playing Wings of Glory in hospital or rehab as I have put on my Intro Slot because last time I was admitted I got by on drawing and painting WW2 aircraft. Not allowed to have cutting tools in my room unsupervised so cannot build 1/72 aircraft construction kits. This is due to safety precautions ... Also not allowed to build things on a Section 28 because they know I have a history of messing with weapons and harmful stuff.

So other than that not much else to report or say - only that I will bounce back and salvage what I can of my playing career some day. Even if I end up just playing the Wife every Thursday that is far better than nothing. I had suggested that I was interested in attending a number of events next year like Overlord at Abingdon in Oxfordshire and Prague Con 2016. Attendance at ALL events is an unable for me now this has gone and happened. Just have to hope that I am out in time for March 5th 2016 and the 80th Anniversary of the first flight of the Supermarine Spitfire ... But given how last time I was admitted because of my disability it was for six months nobody knows what I will be getting up to in three months time.

Best to look on the bright side ... If anyone has been to Elmstead House at the Royal Oldham Hospital in Lancashire the Southside Ward staffroom has a framed painting of an Avro Lancaster hanging up in it which is dated June 2004. I painted that and I am assured that it is still there ...

PHOTO - none available so sorry about that.

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 39" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 39" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 39" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 39" to Google

Updated 12-21-2015 at 18:23 by Tonx (Elmstead House correction.)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You sound very positive, that's "Great".Hope you soon climb back into the cockpit.Meanwhile sketch some new paint jobs for your planes. Wish you well & a speedy recovery. Robin43 .UK Wing