Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 38

Rate this Entry
Today is [B]Saturday November 14th [/B]and I have just been playing [I]Solitaire[/I] for three hours. Today's session was a pretty much long-awaited [I]Bombers Outing [/I]which featured the first deployment of [B]Avro Vulcan B.2[/B] [I]XH560[/I] in over a month as well as a pair of [B]Avro Lancaster B . IIIs [/B]being attacked by Axis Fighters. The Mission for [B]Thunderball 560 [/B]was an outright success as it conventionally bombed a target which was previously known to aircraft and crew whist during the second game one[I] Lancaster [/I]survived - one didn't whilst a [B]Messerschmitt Bf.110C-7[/B] randomly flew off the board and off into the sunset! This is something which I have only ever experienced on three different occasions in my WGS playing career!

[I]Not to tempt fate but ... [/I]I may have just obtained the Italian version of the [B]Wings of War WW2 Deluxe pack [/B]which of course includes those four most elusive Wings of War WGS :minis: too! Just recently my quest to find the Ares Games[I] WGS WW2 Starter Set [/I]came to it's successful conclusion as a result of which I decided that this Wings of War equivalent was next on my [I]Seek & Ye Shall Find [/I]list. I made the discovery of the one I bought on The E-Bay by accident. This should arrive with me by the tail-end of this month / early part of next month and cheer me up just in time for Xmas ... [I]Oh rapture oh joy![/I] Not my favourite time of year sorry to say as I suffer from bi-polar disorder and for some reason I usually do not find myself feeling too clever around that time of year.

Speaking of [B]bi-polar disorder [/B]the latest relapse I have suffered is now on record as my worst for two years. It has literally just played [I]merry hell [/I]with everything ... Including my Wings of Glory interest. However things appear to be trying to turn a corner for the better at the moment which is why I chose today to stage the Bombers Outing mentioned above and for XH560 to take to the skies once again. I wonder how many people will agree with me that IMHO[B] the best feeling in the world is ... [/B][I]When you remove the plastic sleeve from a brand new Wings of Glory manoeuver card deck![/I] Having never flown both of the[B] Avro Lancaster B IIIs [/B]which are now in the Wife and My WGS :minis: Collection I was able to enjoy how removing the clear plastic protection from a brand new manoeuver deck feels. Absolutely FANTASTIC!

Upstairs [B]Project HPV/K2 [/B]continues to make extremely slow process towards the objective of [I]creating a second 1/200 scale British V Bomber for WGS [/I]due to my illness of late.

PHOTO: Thunderball 560 In Action November 14th 2015!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181253[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 38" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 38" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 38" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 38" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments