Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 30

Rate this Entry
If you listen carefully this blog entry makes an unusual sound ... [B]It emits a POWER HOWL![/B] This is because it documents the successful flight yesterday of what is believed to be the first WGS fully compatible [B]Avro Vulcan B.2[/B]. [I]XH560[/I] wearing 27 Squadron RAF colours first took to the skies of WGS on August 30th 2015 as a conventionally bombing [I]trophy[/I] aircraft. The product of two weeks of planning and sizing up using a diecast metal 1:200 Scale aircraft of this type and the research and collection of components which went with that to ensure this idea was compatible with WGS. Finally a more appropriate 1:200 Scale plastic Avro Vulcan B.2 was obtained from a friend in Grimsby - originally as a repair but being an easy job I bought the aircraft for this purpose. Finally after modification of an appropriate aircraft stand (which is to be replaced in due course by a custom-built stand) and the creation of a specially modified Altitude Peg the aircraft was ready for her first deployment on August 30th 2015's [I]Operation Grimsby [/I]...

[url]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?23027-AAR-Vulcan-To-The-Air-Conventional-Bombing-Mission&p=364785#post364785[/url]

Away from this world of [I]trophy[/I] aircraft the [B]dive bombers for WW2 / WGS venture [/B]is going very well indeed as is learning how to use these aircraft against targets. For those of us who remember [I]Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 2[/I] remember the Dive Bombing Tutorial? Just like the acquired and delicate art of dive bombing it is a tough challenge of judgement and skill. Plus a little bit of luck I guess! Aircraft-wise all three [B]Aichi D3A Vals [/B]have now landed in my :minis: Collection along with one [B]Junkers Ju-87B2 Stuka[/B]. Hopefully the latter aircraft type will not be alone for long though. Another new addition to report comes in the shape of a gaming enhancement as I also now have an [I]Official Gaming Mat [/I]to my credit - the [I]City[/I] Edition.

There is also better news in this blog entry regarding Galactic Models in Derby City Centre where recently the monthly WGS Public Display Days being held there by myself and the Wife (who has now joined the Aerodrome - callsign Mazzle) had to be suspended. As this was primarily due to ill-health and I am currently in the process of making a recovery everything is back on for the tail-end of September. Though the date is still TBA: More as I get it ...

PHOTO: Avro Vulcan B.2 XH560 in 27 Squadron RAF colours

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174529[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 30" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 30" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nothing like the howl of a Vulcan. I miss seeing her fly.