Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
Butchers Tally.

Entente

2LT. Ronald Tuffield;

SD/FLM/S/FT/2WIA Poor bugger didn't stand a chance. (2D6 = 7-5) KIA

2 Lt. Robert James;

SD/FT (2D6 = 11-1); All well when you land well

Central Powers

Zeppelin L11; RTB/2 Kills (2x Aerial + 1x ground target destroyed)

Ltn Manfred Spatz;

SD/ET (2D6 = 8-1) Bruised - Skip 1 Scenario; Enemy Territory result (2D6 = 8 -2) In hiding! - Skip 2 Scenarios
Total: Skip 3 Scenarios

Ltn Gerhardt Reiher; RTB/0 kills (+ 2 Ground targets)

Conclusion;

Rob thank you for a wonderful scenario, I really enjoyed it.

I felt bad for the Entente pilots as the zeppelin seemed more like a specter gunship with such deadly fire and poor 2 Lt. Robert James didn't even get to fire off a proper burst of his ‘Buckingham’ ammunition!

2LT. Ronald Tuffield seemed to have accumulated every modifier you could get. Ltn Manfred Spatz arrived at the party a little too late and although he tried to help out the AA crews had other ideas and lucky Reiher came along and mopped up!

Playing with two B damage decks made a difference, there was a lot more higher value cards coming out and I also found the AA was a lot more accurate than before and I'm thinking of blending in a 3rd deck now to really spice things up.

In regards to the Zeppelin she seems to have weathered the North sea crossing very well and only took light damage before making landfall in Belgium. As for being able to fire, I apologise if this went against the grain or was against the rules in some way. However I felt that as all the measurements were halved this would also include the firing from the zeppelin - allowing it to fire at short range for one card of damage. However in my schoolboy excitement I drew two cards, although the first I dealt was the boom card and thus making the second card obsolete.

The two Neuiport 16's are Valom kits and were a rush job to get on to the table in time and I thought I would incorporate that in to the story to explain the missing roundels, I thought I would also give a shout out to Dom's Decals as its through him that I ordered the roundels for the top wings.

I will certainly play this again and was also thinking of playing the Flight of Giants 'Bomb London' campaign and substitute the Goth's for the Zeppelin.

Submit "Early Doors Mission 5 - The Bigger They Come May 3rd 1916" to Digg Submit "Early Doors Mission 5 - The Bigger They Come May 3rd 1916" to del.icio.us Submit "Early Doors Mission 5 - The Bigger They Come May 3rd 1916" to StumbleUpon Submit "Early Doors Mission 5 - The Bigger They Come May 3rd 1916" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments