Ares Games

FarEast

AAR Mission 6: "Oh Canada"--the Battle of Mount Sorrel - 8th June 1916

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
Conclusion:

I’m so glad I added additional scouts to each side, it was a very intense fight and when I turned over that first boom card my jaw dropped literally as it was so unexpected. Both Eindeckers couldn’t bring the DH2’s down even with the majority of fire coming from them, so many zeros I was get frustrated.

The Albatros C.I put up a valiant fight, I almost turned for home when I drew the 3 damage Crew card but remembered the rules about specific decks, big sigh of relief.

The rudder damage was very hard to play with but fortune favored them as they were able to slowly turn behind the AA guns with only the furthest being able to respond to the threat, again the far AA gun was a huge scare, jamming at the most fortunate/unfortunate time – it was one of those moments where I didn’t want to look at the cards! The fact that I had to do two runs on the target was a real mood setter and like mentioned in the original brief it gave those damn scouts time to catch up!

The RFC boys seem to be stepping up now and they gave the Eagles a very bloody nose (there biggest loss to date) with only one aircraft and pilot lost.

It looks like the Fokker Scourge is finally over!

Submit "AAR Mission 6: "Oh Canada"--the Battle of Mount Sorrel - 8th June 1916" to Digg Submit "AAR Mission 6: "Oh Canada"--the Battle of Mount Sorrel - 8th June 1916" to del.icio.us Submit "AAR Mission 6: "Oh Canada"--the Battle of Mount Sorrel - 8th June 1916" to StumbleUpon Submit "AAR Mission 6: "Oh Canada"--the Battle of Mount Sorrel - 8th June 1916" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments