Ares Games

Lord of Girth

WW2 Battle of the Eastern Solomons

Rate this Entry
Battled with my bro John and friend Ryan on the newly completed 8ft x 8ft battle board. Went to 4:30am til we called it quits.[ATTACH=CONFIG]112472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112474[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112475[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112476[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112477[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112478[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images        

Submit "WW2 Battle of the Eastern Solomons" to Digg Submit "WW2 Battle of the Eastern Solomons" to del.icio.us Submit "WW2 Battle of the Eastern Solomons" to StumbleUpon Submit "WW2 Battle of the Eastern Solomons" to Google

Comments

Great battle board.

How did you create the ships?

What a huge brilliant looking game board and a lot of planes.

You handled this scenario with only two men?
    Cool game board! Must be fun flying over it! Indeed a lot of planes for just 2 men. I see some nice repaints flying there as well!
    Love those smoke markers on the ships. Very well done!
    Thanks for the kind words.... The board is awesome to play on... We never hit the edge! The ships were pulled off a MIDWAY site with terrific graphics... The North Carolina was off another site. I enlarged them, printed and pieced them together after a good clear coat. I then trimmed them out and used spray adhesive to fix them to the board after it was painted. My brother John did an awesome job painting the wakes with spray paint and masking tape after some research of photos. Bro John is also responsible for the custom airplanes... He does extensive research on those and they look great. He is currently working on a navy blue wildcat and another scheme for the B-25. I have another brother that is into Wings of Glory as well (understatement). He has 4 custom p-40s and is working on some wild cats as well. Not to mention several WW1 beauties! The smoke I got from a photo of a structure fire... Looks pretty good on the ships I think... Eye candy always makes the battles more fun.

We did have a friend join us for most of the battle, he dropped out about 12:30 and Bro John and I continued into the wee hours. Took a bit more time moving so many airplanes, but we just relaxed and took our time.

Wait til you see the battle of Midway - scheduled for Dec. 13. Got all my planes, my bro John's and my crazy bro Chris's airplanes... Should be 2 x what we had here! Looking for pilots if anybody is interested in joining us.... Charlotte, NC
    Joe

Nice looking boards! You and John did a great job! Nice looking game!

Rich
    Excellent boards!