Ares Games

BobRoberts

First day of Fall over the fields of Flanders

Rate this Entry
[QUOTE=BobRoberts;248326]Somewhere over Flanders early in the morning late 1918:

My good friend Dave and I took on his 2 boys and my girlfriend's son today over Flanders today. This was our long awaited rematch from earlier this Summer. Dave and I were the Central Powers and we were flying a pair of SS DIII's vs. a Spad XIII - pilot aged 6, a Sopwith Camel - pilot aged 10, and an Se5a - pilot aged 10.

It was quite a furball of a fight, with plenty of tight turns, side slips, immelmans and near collisions. In the end first blood went to the Central Powers as I managed to shoot down the Sopwith Camel. Dave and I then proceeded to gang up on the Se5a as the Spad appeared to not want to fight - little did we know this was all part of the boys nefarious plan. With the SS DIII's in hot pursuit of the retreating Se5a, the Spad XIII rejoined the fight and knifed in on our left flank. I pulled a hard left to meet the threat of the Spad and to protect my wingman who was lining up for a killshot on the Se5a. Charhing headon at tbe Spad we were in double damage range but I shot blanks, whereas the Spad did not and soon I was plummeting to the ground below in flames. Dave would manage to catch the Se5a and blast him out of the sky.

With each side down to 1 plane, discretion proved the better part of valour, and we called it a day with the Germans claiming victory over the boys yet again. :drinks:

To make the game enjoyable and less complicated for the boys, special damage was ignored, the explosion card resulted in a redraw, and double damage was in effect.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110480[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110478[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110481[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110483[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110484[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110485[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110488[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images             

Submit "First day of Fall over the fields of Flanders" to Digg Submit "First day of Fall over the fields of Flanders" to del.icio.us Submit "First day of Fall over the fields of Flanders" to StumbleUpon Submit "First day of Fall over the fields of Flanders" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments