Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

Spending Spree!

Rate this Entry
Oh Lord, do not let the better half see this post!

Because of my renewed interest in Wings of Glory, I have been buying items that continues to stoke my interest. My recent purchases are either directly related to Wings of Glory/War, or World War I reference materials. Over the last couple of months I have purchased the following:

Planes
Airco DH.2
Aviatik D.I
Breguet BR.14 B2
De Havilland D.H.4
Fokker Dr.I
Fokker E.III
Halberstadt D.III
Hanriot HD.1
Morane-Saulnier Type N
Siemens-Schuckert D.III
Sopwith Triplane
SPAD VII (x2 - F-Toys)
SPAD XIII

Books
Aircraft of World War I - Amber
American Eagles: The Illustrated History of American Aviation in World War I - self published
Balloon Busting Aces of World War 1 - Osprey
Fighting the Flying Circus - Stokes
Pfalz Aircraft of WWI - Aeronaut
The Nieuport 28: America's First Fighter - Schiffer
The Pfalz D III - Profile
The Pfalz D XII - Profile
The Stand: The Final Flight of Lt. Frank Luke, Jr - Schiffer (to be fair, the better half bought this one for me)
The Thomas-Morse Scouts - Profile

Accessories
Ace Cards promo pack
Altitude glue
Balloon fire marker
Bomber damage markers
Countryside mat
Ground crew hanger
Hit and Run booster pack
Immelmann booster pack
Prop rulers
Scout damage markers

Hmmm, my name is Darryl and I have a problem...

I *think* I am fairly safe with purchases from the hobby side for awhile. I have some holes to fill from the Nexus series, but they are not a priority. I know I will keep looking at various book titles (there are some Grub Street titles I want, and a couple of Schiffer ones as well), but hopefully I can slow down the buying frenzy until the next Ares series comes out.

Yeah, that lasted about five seconds...

So much for not buying...good a deal on two painted Shapeways Nieuport 28s that I just HAD to jump on. Thanks for feeding the addiction, clipper1801!

Okay, now I MUST slow down the hobby side of the frenzy...off to look at more books!

Submit "Spending Spree!" to Digg Submit "Spending Spree!" to del.icio.us Submit "Spending Spree!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Spending Spree!" to Google

Comments

Thanks for that, Darryl. Now I don't feel quite so guilty about how much I've been spending on miniatures, books, and accessories lately!
    So you are saying I provided you a service in a way? That is how I will sell it if I am caught with my hands in the WoW jar as it were! I really should not give the wrong impression, the better half has no issues with my gaming, other than the closet full of gaming "stuff"...most of which I probably need to part with. Next gaming session may see a bit of a flea market!