Files: Comprehensive Console (PDF)

Comprehensive Console (PDF)

Rate this File
Uploaded by RJames - 02-02-2018
Author Author RJames
File Size File Size 650.0 KB
Downloads Downloads 306
+ Download
I've pulled together this Comprehensive Airplane Console for use with Wings of Glory (WWI).
It obviates the need to refer to special damage charts, etc., as all that information is on the console, and helps remind players what to do and when.
It's organized intuitively, such that removal of gun jam tokens (for example) are placed above each movement card; turn-based actions (such as removal of smoke) are placed to the right of the last maneuver card.

We also make all special damage public (damaged engines and jammed rudders). We find that we simply don't remember these important issues, and making them public really helps with that (especially when your opponent is working to keep you honest!). (Besides, I imagine that there's a good chance a WWI fighter pilot might have figured this sort of thing out in any event.)

Jammed rudders always presented us with a problem, as the damage is received on one turn, but only takes effect the following turn. You'll see that the console attempts to handle that by providing a place for a damage marker when the damage is incurred, and instructions to move the token to another box once the damage is in effect. This is important because there's always a chance of getting one's rudder damaged yet again, which is why only one box would be doubly confusing.

I hope this helps. The color scheme and production value is admittedly amateurish. That's because I'm an amateur!

Images

None

Comments

Ken at Sunrise
07-02-2020 at 03:59
These are really nice looking. About the only thing I don't see is when to remove the fire tokens. Thanks for these
Pilot Pete
10-21-2020 at 22:11
Looks great, especially for us Rookies.
Thanks very much.
:-)