Files: Death from Above

Death from Above

Rate this File
Uploaded by rkwright - 01-23-2014
Author Author Ryan Wright
File Size File Size 125.0 KB
Downloads Downloads 239
+ Download
Inspired by trench busters, this is an air and ground campaign with included rules for Solo Play.

Images

• Death from Above

Comments

Bobit
02-20-2014 at 00:01
"Inspired by trench busters"

Has more downloads than trench busters.

Well, I'm glad someone read that thing
Personally, I've only done one mission of it so far.
Bobit
02-20-2014 at 02:47
So here are the main differences between Death from Above and Trench Busters:

-Trench busters uses altitude and multiplayer as core mechanics that cannot be removed without ruining the campaign
-Trench busters is much more complicated
-Trench busters takes a long time to record everything, recording things like plane damage
-Trench busters has fewer big battles
-Death from Above has a cool name and picture XD (I didn't know how to add pictures, and then I realized it's so obvious!!!!)

In the end, take Death from Above if you like keeping it simple, or if you're looking for a solo campaign.

Now, some things the author might want to change:
1. The sectors added in "The Great War" variation do not actually matter, since you still only need to take 2 to win. It should be increased to at least 3, and maybe 4.
2. There really does need to be more control over your troops, although I'm not sure how to simply add any. If the air-battles do not entirely decide the ground battles, randomness definitely shouldn't be the deciding factor, but rather some sort of basic tactics.
3. (troll) Write in the description "Inspired by Trench Busters, which was inspired by Balloon Busters. Let this inspire you, and continue the chain!"

I like how you managed the different timing of things. I always made everything last the same amount of turns just because I really couldn't figure out how to make it different.
Bobit
02-20-2014 at 02:49
^ in difference 4, I meant that trench busters has fewer battles, but they are bigger, as this campaign limits how many planes you can send on a mission, while Trench Busters instead only gives you a few planes that you can send out all at once.