Ares Games

Conversation Between flyingryno and usmc1855

4 Visitor Messages

1. Outstanding! As you know, we Infatrymen relied on you HElo guys quit a bit. I wa a Paris Island Marine, whom after Boot Camp, never returned to the East Coast. I did four West Pacs, enjoyed all of them.

Semper Fidelis Marine.
  2. Thank You! I've not gotten any rep before now. I was in 1970. Diego marine, Went to Memphis for Avionics School. Then to Cherry Point, then on to New River, Cadet A to HMH-464, the H&M s-26, went on a Med cruise July 28 '72' came back in April 73. While in H&MS-26 flew aircrew on 53's, and had my door gunner skins. Stayed there til Discharge of Active duty, to Active Reservist for 6 years. OV-10 Squadron 6 at El Toro. til disbanded in 86. Then 46 Squadron til 80. Separated in 1980 as a Staff Sargent.
    Would have stayed active for 20 yrs but wife didn't want. My father was in from Dec. 8th til 47, Both of my brother in-laws stayed in for 20 yrs. One got out as a Gunny, The other one was a First Sargent. He was in Nam 3 times. as a radioman humped a prick 23 or 28. Love the out fit from civil war. I got to get a picture of my chainmail. That,s all thanks again.
  3. I enlisted in August of 1982, retired on 31 Dec. 2003. I retired as a Master Sergeant. My primary MOS was 03. I spent two tours in Infantry Battalions (first in 1/9, then in 3/1-to include the 1st Gulf war) as a Scout/Sniper. From 3/1 I went to the School Of Infantry (west) to be an Instructor, from there I did a tour as an Adviser to the Saudi Royal Marine Forces. After leaving Saudi I went on MSG Duty as the Detachment Commander for the Marine Security Guards at American Embassies, first in Budapest, Hungary, and then in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. After MSG duty, I went back to the School of Infantry where I was the Chief Instructor at the Infantry Platoon Sergeants Crs, then I moved over to run the Sniper School until I picked up MSgt, after which I became the SNCOIC of the Academics Section for all of the Courses of Instruction there at SOI (W), and that's where I retired form.
  4. with all due respect, may I ask from when to when? The avatar use on you posting is that you and I cant tell whats in the center of the strips bursting bomb, diamond?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4