Series 3 Reprint
    Nieuport 17
    Albatros D.III
    RAF R.E.8
    Ufag C.I

WGS

WGS Series 7

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • 2020 LL Raffle #1

In what has become somewhat of a tradition over the last several years, we will start the Lend-Lease 2020 raffles off with a balloon! Still in its shrink-wrap, this balloon is extra special. It comes from the collection of Hunter, Clipper1801's friend and wingman who passed away - Dave has been liquidating Hunter's collection, and if you are like me, you have snagged an item or two from it over the past months

Before he began offering the collection for sale, however, he pulled out several items which he thought would be most appropriate for supporting the Lend-Lease effort. Hunter thought particularly highly of the exchange of gamers to and fro, and Dave is certain he would be thrilled to have some of his huge collection going to support this Aerodrome tradition.

So that brings us to this brown observation balloon! It has never been opened and is just waiting to make its debut on the playing mat! It is the first of our raffles to bring Tim/Flying Helmut to Origins next June, so the cause is a worthy one, indeed.

Use the drop-down box below to purchase your tickets for the LL Raffle #1 Observation Balloon - if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win...and since we aren't sure when Ares will be releasing the balloons again, this is your chance to perhaps get one on the cheap!

All the best,
    Matt
  • Recent Posts

Naharaht

Matching Paints

Has anyone compiled a list of the best shades of paints to match the colours on the Nexus and Ares models, please?

I was wondering, which

Naharaht Today, 10:44 Go to last post
    MadMad17

Flame and Smoke special damage markers

I have a quick question on the smoke and fire markers... are they not generic? I am only seeing 0/400 and R.VI on the website... or are those just for

MadMad17 Today, 10:37 Go to last post
    Naharaht

Fokker D.VII = Unobtainium?

I was going to suggest that you try a Fokker E.V. It is not as good as a Fokker D.VII but it does have a single 90 degree left turn (something a Camel

Naharaht Today, 10:36 Go to last post
    Alfgard

G aund Z Decks

I together,
    i have sorted my cards and have seen that I have no "G" and no "Z" Deck.

Do they exist and when

Alfgard Today, 10:31 Go to last post
    Alfgard

Sealing the planes

And why not the Nexus/Ares planes?

Alfgard Today, 10:28 Go to last post
    Flying Officer Kyte

Wings of War - Contact to a french seller

Thanks Andreas.
    Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte Today, 09:03 Go to last post
    OldGuy59

Bags for maneuver decks

Link: Strips for Card Decks

Link: Strips for Card Decks -Word Version

OldGuy59 Today, 08:23 Go to last post
    Diamondback

Bags for maneuver decks

Check your local Jo-Ann, Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Maybe even Walbarf or Harbor Freight...

Diamondback Today, 08:17 Go to last post
    RJG173

Bags for maneuver decks

Uline sells 'small plastic bags' but only in cartons of 1000. Many LEGO resellers use them for shipping small parts. I have received lots of them.

RJG173 Today, 08:12 Go to last post
    cmmdre

Bags for maneuver decks

I use these 3x4 bags.Here is a link to Amazon. There is probably a less expensive alternative.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cmmdre Today, 07:47 Go to last post
    MadMad17

Bags for maneuver decks

Hey all,

I saw this picture on ebay - the little bag for the maneuver deck looks great. I contacted the seller, but they said it was already

MadMad17 Today, 07:32 Go to last post
    Stumptonian

May 2020 Hobby Bench

You're a lucky man, Jeff.

Stumptonian Today, 07:28 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Sealing the planes

Whenever I paint a plane, when finished I usually apply a clear gloss spray and then when dry a clear flat spray. I want to protect the paint from wear,

Teaticket Today, 07:15 Go to last post
    Diamondback

Let's just say that "holistic planning" and "long term roadmaps" are not particularly Ares' strong suits nor those of any other game

Diamondback Today, 06:35 Go to last post
    flash

Memorial Day (late) US

Nice Dave, thanks to all who served

flash Today, 06:18 Go to last post
    flash

May 2020 Hobby Bench

They look sharp Peter, nicely done

flash Today, 06:16 Go to last post
    Dak21

Official Curtiss P-40E Warhawk painting thread

Thanks guys.

Old exterminator was my favorite too. It was hard to resist putting the shark mouth on them all, but variety is the spice of

Dak21 Today, 05:40 Go to last post
    BobP

Playing Online

Jusy clicked on this and hit the subscribe button. No sound for me though. Looking forward to tonight's flight.

BobP Today, 04:56 Go to last post
    BobP

May 2020 Hobby Bench

Jeff I have played in many of Peters games and used his planes. You are getting an outstanding model from him.

BobP Today, 04:48 Go to last post
    Alfgard

Wings of War - Contact to a french seller

As annouced my Report.

The items have arrived after one week (France -Germany). Perfectly packed up and all in the way it should be.

Alfgard Today, 04:25 Go to last post
    Alfgard

Sealing the planes

I dont know if this is the right place (perhaps "Hobby room" fits better, but it is about the ww1 models).

Has anyone experience

Alfgard Today, 04:22 Go to last post
    flash

It was the first set with tandems in but we'd have to ask Nexus why they chose the planes they did - I think it was because of the unusual arc of fire

flash Today, 00:46 Go to last post
    Caveman

Memorial Day (late) US

I visited the grave of fallen AVG pilot Lt. Col. William Reed on Monday. As part of paying respect I decided to commence reading

Caveman Today, 00:28 Go to last post
    Stumptonian

Official Curtiss P-40E Warhawk painting thread

Excellent work on the planes and the cards, Dave.
    Those without P-40s must be drooling.

P.S. Lucky me has 5 Ares (that have

Stumptonian Yesterday, 21:24 Go to last post
    Von Scharf

May 2020 Hobby Bench

I’m like a little kid waiting at the mailbox for my secret decoder ring to arrive! Oh boy oh boy.

Von Scharf Yesterday, 21:22 Go to last post
  • Site Sponsors