Series 3 Reprint
    Nieuport 17
    Albatros D.III
    RAF R.E.8
    Ufag C.I

WGS

WGS Series 7

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • Origins 2019 Games Schedule

Event registration for Origins 2019 is live starting today! Below you will find a list of our favorite games, at least those tied directly to this and our sister forum... They are organized by day and time and are grouped under the aegis of the different groups running the games this year - since there are three different groups/places where you can get your 'fix' this year, make sure you know where your appropriate game is taking place. It would be a shame to show up at the wrong place for the right game, or vice versa... I have listed the event registration number at the end of each entry to help you register for your potential game(s). To be safe, make sure the title of the game you want matches the event number - sometimes the Origins organizers have a glitch and numbers don't match. When in doubt, use the title of the game

“Ares Aviators” Ares games scheduled for Origins 2019 - to be run at the Ares Games booth space(run by rhodie80, Teaticket, oldguy, and matt56).

WED
    12-3 PM WoG WW1 “RNAS to the rescue” 14620
    3-6 PM WoG WW2 “Flying Tigers over Burma” 14621
    6-8 PM T&T “Kangaroos and Ravens Save the Earth!” 14622

THUR
    9-11 AM BSG “Battle of Ragnar Anchorage” 14623
    11 AM-1 PM WoG WW1 “Frank Luke and his Balloon Busters” 14624
    1-4 PM WoG WW2 “Guadalcanal ‘42” 14625
    4-6 PM T&T “Tripods versus Tripods” 14626
    5-7 PM SoG “The Only Good Pirate is a Dead Pirate” 14627

FRI
    9-11 AM T&T “Attack on the Martian Base” 3562614628
    11 AM-1 PM WoG WW1 “Late-war Furball” (25 players) 14629
    1-3 PM WoG WW2 “Battle of Britain Furball” (25 players) 14630
    3-5 PM WoG WW1 “An early American action - USAS versus German recon/scouts force” 14631
    5-8 PM WoG WW1 “Jasta Greif to the rescue!” 14632
    5-7 PM BSG “The Hand of God” 14633

SAT
    10 AM-12 PM WoG WW1 “For the Czar” 14634
    12-2 PM BSG “Deep Space Furball” (25 players) 14635
    3-5 PM WoG WW1 “Zeppelin!” 14636
    6-8 PM SoG “Form Line of Battle” 14637

SUN
    9-11 AM WoG WW1 “The Grinding End” 14638
    12-3 PM WoG WW1 “Schlachtflieger” 14639
    12-2 PM BSG “Act of Contrition” 14640

“Buckeye Gamers” Ares games scheduled for Origins 2019 – to be run at the Buckeye Gamers booth space (run by The Cowman, CappyTom, and Mark).

THU
    10 AM-1 PM WoG WW1 “Moscow Bombed?” 14432
    7 PM-10 PM WoG WW1 “Wings of …Gojira?” 14435
    FRI
    1 PM-4 PM WoG WW1 “Return of the Entente” 14433

SAT
    2 PM-4 PM WoG WW2 “Mitchell Hunters” 14430
    6 PM-10 PM BSG “Galactica Down, Nuclear Threat Imminent” 14439

“Western Ohio Games Club” WoG games for Origins 2019 – to be run at the WOGC booth space (run by milcoll73).

THU
    8 PM-10 PM WoG WW1 “Bombing the Reich - Maximum Effort” 12044

FRI
    8 PM-10 PM WoG WW1 “Whatever Floats Your Flying Boat” 12045

ARES is also running a BSG game themselves - it's from 1 PM to 4 PM on Friday, entitled "33 Event" - and its event number is 16677 - it's a continuous play event that is being run around the world at various conventions in which ARES participates.

Come out and enjoy gaming at its best - Origins has to be seen to be believed We hope to see you there!

All the best,
    Matt
  • Recent Posts

camelbeagle

The real deal

The tripods look awesome! Cannot wait until my KS arrives. Jim and Matt, I hope we can fit some tripods into the regular scheduled games.

camelbeagle Today, 12:49 Go to last post
    Naharaht

I Think I've Found The Perfect Beer For This Place...

Comin in Hop wheat IPA

Naharaht Today, 12:42 Go to last post
    RJG173

June 2019 Workbench

Does the time machine run on Doritos?

RJG173 Today, 12:12 Go to last post
    HotleadColdfeet

Wings of Glory Wednesdays YouTube series starting

Hello John! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! I agree, episodes dedicated solely to tactics sounds like a really good idea! I currently have a

HotleadColdfeet Today, 11:12 Go to last post
    Nicosomething

The real deal

I got to play in one of the sessions at Origins and took some pictures. I was a tripod pilot and it was good fun! I have to wait for it to hit retail,

Nicosomething Today, 10:22 Go to last post
    OldGuy59

Promotional 33 Campaign

I won't have enough ships to do this at PhenomaCon, but I could try for a side mission?

PhenomaCon - Board Games (Scroll down)

OldGuy59 Today, 08:42 Go to last post
    Angiolillo

Promotional 33 Campaign

Roberto Di Meglio said officially 36!
    Added to The Largest BSG:SB gGame Ever record:
    https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...p-battles-game

Angiolillo Today, 07:22 Go to last post
    matt56

ORIGINS WrapUp 2019

Thought this would be appropriate to show how you felt at this year's Origins, Thomas... Great promo for the Forum, by the way...

matt56 Today, 05:59 Go to last post
    Flying Helmut

The Library goes mobile!

Enjoy your trip Steve!

Flying Helmut Today, 05:04 Go to last post
    Teaticket

ORIGINS WrapUp 2019

Very happy to see you at Origins again Tom. I think we have a fantastic core of regulars, some of the best and most fun gamers I have ever been a part

Teaticket Today, 05:03 Go to last post
    Phantomxistance

Running Tripod card

Having been destroyed twice during a tripod game this year, I can only say energy management is huge. And with the smallest walker the deck can zap you

Phantomxistance Today, 05:02 Go to last post
    Teaticket

June 2019 Workbench

Has he been reading Calvin & Hobbs? Looks like a perfect Transmorgafier to me! Wonderful imagination that one possesses.

Teaticket Today, 04:56 Go to last post
    matt56

Running Tripod card

Having 'run' a game at Origins this year, I wonder if the energy cost for running is a gaming/rules expedient so that the tripods are not all-powerful?

matt56 Today, 04:51 Go to last post
    matt56

Promotional 33 Campaign

I believe there were 35 participants at the Origins event, too Everyone was having a good time, with the table snaking its way through the Ares

matt56 Today, 04:46 Go to last post
    matt56

ORIGINS WrapUp 2019

Glad you had a good time, Thomas! It was great to see you again and spend time gaming together Glad you made it home safe and sound - you did

matt56 Today, 04:27 Go to last post
    Boney10

The real deal

There was a set at the ukge and I can confirm the components look good and the models were excellent.
    I didnt manage to get a game in, too busy

Boney10 Today, 03:55 Go to last post
    Flying Officer Kyte

June 2019 Workbench

The ingenuity and imagination of young children never fails to surprise me. Mind you my cat goes into a box and when he wakes up it is the future so I

Flying Officer Kyte Today, 02:11 Go to last post
    Biggles downunder

King Kong base

Well, the big moment has arrived - the paint shop all set up ready for action after tea:

Biggles downunder Today, 01:51 Go to last post
    flash

The real deal

Thanks for the update chaps, I'm sure the troops who invested will take heart from this review.

flash Today, 00:33 Go to last post
    Caveman

Origins 2019 Wednesday

Hi Peter, I want to let you know once again I really enjoyed playing in your Tigers event. I really enjoyed gaming with you and everybody else too. It

Caveman Yesterday, 21:02 Go to last post
    redcoon2

ORIGINS WrapUp 2019

Just reemerged from a nap following the drive home after last events today at ORIGINS. Here and gone way too fast.

Just wanted to thank

redcoon2 Yesterday, 20:56 Go to last post
    Stumptonian

Origins 2019 Wednesday

I am open to suggestions from you 'regulars'.
    I don't mind Ubering if I have to (just not too far)

Stumptonian Yesterday, 20:34 Go to last post
    clipper1801

June 2019 Workbench

Just got a few pictures that blew me away this Father's Day from my daughter, it seems my 6 year old grandson has built a time machine! I am gobsmacked

clipper1801 Yesterday, 19:24 Go to last post
    rhodie80

The real deal

I ran a T&T game a few hours after the game showed up in Columbus. I had previously downloaded the rules from the Ares site and gone through them.

rhodie80 Yesterday, 19:22 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Origins 2019 Wednesday

Bob, you are sadly correct. I just did a few searches and everything in walking distance is booked! I never would have thought there are no rooms a year

Teaticket Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
  • Site Sponsors