Ares Games
  • Upcoming Releases

To be confirmed.... WW1 Balloons due Q4 2022
  • Recent Poll

Do you plan to play Sails of Glory? (Votes: 461)

1. Yea Yea Captian! (Yes) (Votes: 249)

2. Maybe, ships are kind of cool. (Maybe) (Votes: 132)

3. That's mutiny I say! (No) (Votes: 80)

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • How To Painting FLIK 41J

Several people commented on how nice my Flik 41J came out and I thought I would share what I did. It was very easy and it would be a great first conversion for someone to try.

I started by buying 5 Albatros D.III Gruber. They are available on the Aerodrome.

Great plane but I do not like the wing edge and edge of the tail that are yellow. I started by painting over these using Vallejo 099 Ger. Ext. Dark Green and 084 Uniform Green mixed 50/50. This covered a multitude of sins.

To paint over the decal on the wooed I used Vallejo 125 Desert Yellow. It was a perfect match and when I hit it with a gloss coat it blended in perfectly.

For decal I went to Miscmini and ordered their Albatross D.III FLIK.41J 1/144 Scale Decals. They are gorgeous.

These went on with very little effort.

The one good thing is if you don't have a Brumowski and don't want to pay what they are going for on PayPal you can paint one of the Grubers red and use the Brumowski decals on the sheet.

Lastly I hit them with a coat of Lusterless Flat Lacquer Clear Coat Testors to finish them off.

I think the results speak for themselves.

This article was originally published in forum thread: How To Painting FLIK 41J started by rhodie80 View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      Flying Officer Kyte -
      I have placed this work on the "How to painting" forum Jim, so this has earned you a medal which is now up. Congrats.
      Rob.
      grumpybear -
      super job
      predhead -
      I've seen FLIK 41J in person...great looking birds!