Series 3 Reprint
    Nieuport 17
    Albatros D.III
    RAF R.E.8
    Ufag C.I

WGS

WGS Series 7

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • Wings of Prague Lend-Lease Raffle #3 - Vimy Ridge scenario airplanes

This is the third raffle to generate funds to send our North American Lend-Lease participant Mike/OldGuy59 to Prague for the Wings of Prague 2019 convention. It involves six planes that Mike has repainted to use in the scenario he's running in Prague to commemmorate the battles for Vimy Ridge. Three Albatros DIIIs and three British Nieuport 17s, suitably (beautifully) repainted and re-decaled, along with appropriate ace cards and abilities for each pilot/plane. You all know Mike's handiwork with cards and computers - these look absolutely smashing - definitely a one-of-a-kind selection of aircraft and accessories!

The first picture shows all six aircraft, while the second and third pictures are examples of the personalized plane and ace cards you get with each plane.

This raffle will only last for two weeks, so get those tickets soon and get 'em often! Our last raffle will be up the second half of the month and will involve another four planes painted by two other members of the Forum - more on that mid-month...

As always, thanks for your support of the Lend-Lease program!

This raffle is now closed as of 5:25 AM 20 March 2019.
  • Recent Posts

Teaticket

Sealing the planes

I've never had a problem with wear on of their finishes.

Teaticket Today, 12:07 Go to last post
    flash

Matching Paints

I've used Revell Olive Yellow Matt #42 acrylic but wouldn't say it's exact. Others have used similar shades from Vallejo. You could look in the colours

flash Today, 11:23 Go to last post
    flash

Fokker D.VII = Unobtainium?

Had to do-oo it chaps, he'd given out Uncle's address....

flash Today, 11:13 Go to last post
    flash

G aund Z Decks

Hi Andreas, There is only a WoW G deck that was assigned to the DH.2, that came in the Immelmann booster card set however, when the model was produced

flash Today, 11:07 Go to last post
    Naharaht

Matching Paints

Has anyone compiled a list of the best shades of paints to match the colours on the Nexus and Ares models, please?

I was wondering, which

Naharaht Today, 10:44 Go to last post
    MadMad17

Flame and Smoke special damage markers

I have a quick question on the smoke and fire markers... are they not generic? I am only seeing 0/400 and R.VI on the website... or are those just for

MadMad17 Today, 10:37 Go to last post
    Naharaht

I was going to suggest that you try a Fokker E.V. It is not as good as a Fokker D.VII but it does have a single 90 degree left turn (something a Camel

Naharaht Today, 10:36 Go to last post
    Alfgard

G aund Z Decks

I together,
    i have sorted my cards and have seen that I have no "G" and no "Z" Deck.

Do they exist and when

Alfgard Today, 10:31 Go to last post
    Alfgard

Sealing the planes

And why not the Nexus/Ares planes?

Alfgard Today, 10:28 Go to last post
    Flying Officer Kyte

Wings of War - Contact to a french seller

Thanks Andreas.
    Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte Today, 09:03 Go to last post
    OldGuy59

Bags for maneuver decks

Link: Strips for Card Decks

Link: Strips for Card Decks -Word Version

OldGuy59 Today, 08:23 Go to last post
    Diamondback

Bags for maneuver decks

Check your local Jo-Ann, Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Maybe even Walbarf or Harbor Freight...

Diamondback Today, 08:17 Go to last post
    RJG173

Bags for maneuver decks

Uline sells 'small plastic bags' but only in cartons of 1000. Many LEGO resellers use them for shipping small parts. I have received lots of them.

RJG173 Today, 08:12 Go to last post
    cmmdre

Bags for maneuver decks

I use these 3x4 bags.Here is a link to Amazon. There is probably a less expensive alternative.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cmmdre Today, 07:47 Go to last post
    MadMad17

Bags for maneuver decks

Hey all,

I saw this picture on ebay - the little bag for the maneuver deck looks great. I contacted the seller, but they said it was already

MadMad17 Today, 07:32 Go to last post
    Stumptonian

May 2020 Hobby Bench

You're a lucky man, Jeff.

Stumptonian Today, 07:28 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Sealing the planes

Whenever I paint a plane, when finished I usually apply a clear gloss spray and then when dry a clear flat spray. I want to protect the paint from wear,

Teaticket Today, 07:15 Go to last post
    Diamondback

Let's just say that "holistic planning" and "long term roadmaps" are not particularly Ares' strong suits nor those of any other game

Diamondback Today, 06:35 Go to last post
    flash

Memorial Day (late) US

Nice Dave, thanks to all who served

flash Today, 06:18 Go to last post
    flash

May 2020 Hobby Bench

They look sharp Peter, nicely done

flash Today, 06:16 Go to last post
    Dak21

Official Curtiss P-40E Warhawk painting thread

Thanks guys.

Old exterminator was my favorite too. It was hard to resist putting the shark mouth on them all, but variety is the spice of

Dak21 Today, 05:40 Go to last post
    BobP

Playing Online

Jusy clicked on this and hit the subscribe button. No sound for me though. Looking forward to tonight's flight.

BobP Today, 04:56 Go to last post
    BobP

May 2020 Hobby Bench

Jeff I have played in many of Peters games and used his planes. You are getting an outstanding model from him.

BobP Today, 04:48 Go to last post
    Alfgard

Wings of War - Contact to a french seller

As annouced my Report.

The items have arrived after one week (France -Germany). Perfectly packed up and all in the way it should be.

Alfgard Today, 04:25 Go to last post
    Alfgard

Sealing the planes

I dont know if this is the right place (perhaps "Hobby room" fits better, but it is about the ww1 models).

Has anyone experience

Alfgard Today, 04:22 Go to last post
  • Site Sponsors