Series 3 Reprint
    Nieuport 17
    Albatros D.III
    RAF R.E.8
    Ufag C.I

WGS

WGS Series 7

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • Wings of Prague Lend-Lease Raffle #3 - Vimy Ridge scenario airplanes

This is the third raffle to generate funds to send our North American Lend-Lease participant Mike/OldGuy59 to Prague for the Wings of Prague 2019 convention. It involves six planes that Mike has repainted to use in the scenario he's running in Prague to commemmorate the battles for Vimy Ridge. Three Albatros DIIIs and three British Nieuport 17s, suitably (beautifully) repainted and re-decaled, along with appropriate ace cards and abilities for each pilot/plane. You all know Mike's handiwork with cards and computers - these look absolutely smashing - definitely a one-of-a-kind selection of aircraft and accessories!

The first picture shows all six aircraft, while the second and third pictures are examples of the personalized plane and ace cards you get with each plane.

This raffle will only last for two weeks, so get those tickets soon and get 'em often! Our last raffle will be up the second half of the month and will involve another four planes painted by two other members of the Forum - more on that mid-month...

As always, thanks for your support of the Lend-Lease program!

This raffle is now closed as of 5:25 AM 20 March 2019.
  • Recent Posts

gully_raker

Spectacular Spitfire photo.

Check out this top photo of a Spit banking or maybe going into a roll. (?)

gully_raker Today, 18:30 Go to last post
    mikejr74

Playing Online

I want to Thank Peter and Bob for joining me on zoom to play a game of wings.

Here is the score Allies 2 kills Central Powers 3 Kills

mikejr74 Today, 17:56 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Playing Online

Thanks Mike It was a lot of fun and great to see and talk with you, Bob and Sean. Thanks for putting this together and I really look forward to the next

Teaticket Today, 17:44 Go to last post
    Diamondback

Fokker D.VII = Unobtainium?

They're not "assault toys," they're Homeland/Homestead Defense rifles... and if the girlfriend's in town, forget about me, beware of HER.

Diamondback Today, 17:10 Go to last post
    mikejr74

Playing Online

Tonights game is a run with 4 people Teaticket and Bobp will be joining from zoom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjpJsHxQF3A

mikejr74 Today, 16:03 Go to last post
    Derrick

I PMed info. Can't tell if it sent or not. So let me know if you didn't get it.

Derrick Today, 16:02 Go to last post
    Von Scharf

May 2020 Hobby Bench

I'm thinking about starting a new type of collection. Not particular aircraft, paint schemes, Jastas or the such... I'm going to call my collection:

Von Scharf Today, 15:28 Go to last post
    flash

G aund Z Decks

There are a few !
    These also make a V deck.
    D deck - minus hard right turns and broad side slips
    I deck - minus all broad side slips

flash Today, 15:18 Go to last post
    RJG173

G aund Z Decks

Check out the WoG Mates in the files section for all information about the various WWI decks. Very useful information.

RJG173 Today, 13:32 Go to last post
    Diamondback

Bags for maneuver decks

How's US$2.97 for 300 two-by-threes sound?
    https://www.consumercrafts.com/store...e-bags/1115-09

Diamondback Today, 13:07 Go to last post
    Naharaht

Bags for maneuver decks

Most stationers shops sell these resealable bags. In the U.K. you can also buy single bags from Board Game Extras https://www.bgextras.co.uk/bags-for-tokens-c104.htm

Naharaht Today, 13:01 Go to last post
    BobP

G aund Z Decks

Back in Feb we were getting together at the LGS and Tim, Flying Helmet, mentioned that the J and V deck are the same. You just have to take 1 left and

BobP Today, 12:57 Go to last post
    Teaticket

G aund Z Decks

Cool, thanks for pointing that out. Somehow I never noticed, but then again how often do you use a G deck? Glad I made my dumba$$ comment or I'd still

Teaticket Today, 12:39 Go to last post
    RJG173

G aund Z Decks

Not exactly. In the G deck, one each of the right/left side slip is considered "Steep." Not so with the T deck.

RJG173 Today, 12:34 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Sealing the planes

Yeah, I'm a spray a flat clear coat before repainting kind of guy.

I've not had a problem with decals sticking but do have a few badly placed

Teaticket Today, 12:28 Go to last post
    camelbeagle

Sealing the planes

With the planes from the box I have not had any problems either. Now, I have had issues with decals not sticking properly, which is another issue.

camelbeagle Today, 12:19 Go to last post
    camelbeagle

Matching Paints

I use a layer of Vallejo 70.888 Olive Grey then go over it with a layer of Vallejo 71.020 Green Brown. Looks pretty close. I used that combination on

camelbeagle Today, 12:16 Go to last post
    Teaticket

G aund Z Decks

The G deck is identical to the T deck. Not sure why they made the T deck.

Teaticket Today, 12:14 Go to last post
    camelbeagle

Flame and Smoke special damage markers

Hi Max,
    Litko has some smoke and flame markers that will work with Wings of Glory. October 2019 Workbench I showed how I made my work.

camelbeagle Today, 12:11 Go to last post
    camelbeagle

Bags for maneuver decks

I found that the Walmart Craft Section has a selection of small bags. I use them to sort my boardgames. Work great, you may want to look there.

camelbeagle Today, 12:09 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Sealing the planes

I've never had a problem with wear on of their finishes.

Teaticket Today, 12:07 Go to last post
    flash

Matching Paints

I've used Revell Olive Yellow Matt #42 acrylic but wouldn't say it's exact. Others have used similar shades from Vallejo. You could look in the colours

flash Today, 11:23 Go to last post
    flash

Had to do-oo it chaps, he'd given out Uncle's address....

flash Today, 11:13 Go to last post
    flash

G aund Z Decks

Hi Andreas, There is only a WoW G deck that was assigned to the DH.2, that came in the Immelmann booster card set however, when the model was produced

flash Today, 11:07 Go to last post
    Naharaht

Matching Paints

Has anyone compiled a list of the best shades of paints to match the colours on the Nexus and Ares models, please?

I was wondering, which

Naharaht Today, 10:44 Go to last post
  • Site Sponsors