Series 3 Reprint
    Nieuport 17
    Albatros D.III
    RAF R.E.8
    Ufag C.I

WGS

WGS Series 7

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • Wings and Sails of Glory online registration for the 2018 Origins Game Fair! (FINAL UPDATE!)

Ladies and Gentlemen it is once again that time of year!

The Buckeye Gamers in Flight, The Wings of Glory Aerodrome and The Sails of Glory Anchorage are proud to be representing for a seventh consecutive year at The 2018 Origins Game Fair!! We would like for you to come join us this June 13th through June 17th in Columbus, Ohio for a total of 45 separate events in conjunction with Ares Games over 5 days... including Wings of Glory WWI, Wings of Glory WWII, Sails of Glory, and even Galaxy Defenders and Sword & Sorcery! Events will be run by Aerodrome members Matt56, 7eat51, Misdomingo, Rhodie80, Teaticket, Jager, Jago85, CappyTom, Yatag2003, The Cowman (that's me), and Flash, this year's Aerodrome Lend Lease participant.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! This year Ares Games is offering up the chance for you to participate in a World Record Event… Three different chances in fact! We want to break the current “World Records” for the most players in a single “Of Glory” event for Wings of Glory WW1, Wings of Glory WWII, and Sails of Glory! Below you will find the listings for these incredible attempts in bold type. We need you to come participate and help us make something amazing happen! New players are welcome, and all players will receive an airplane pack or ship pack with which to play and take home after the event! The current records are: 100 players for WWI, 23 Players for WWII, and 79 players for Sails of Glory! We CAN do this, and we want you to be a part of it all!

Online Event Registration for Origins should be open as of May 2nd. Be sure to hop on and register soon though, as our events have limited seating and tend to fill quickly! Each of our events also has prizes for lucky participants, so you might even go home with bonus swag! We promise to show you a fun time and absolutely want you to come game with us, so please register soon and we will see you at the show!

Preregistration for Origins has now closed! Tickets for our remaining event seats will be available onsite at Origins beginning June 13th at 7:00 AM. Thank you to all who pre-registered! We look forward to seeing you! The event list with remaining seat counts can still be found here!

WINGS OF GLORY WORLD WAR I EVENTS
    June 13th 1:00 PM - Event # 7405 - Fokker Fodder - 120 minutes - $2.00 THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!!
    June 13th 3:00 PM - Event # 7407 - Operation Blucher-Yorck - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 13th 5:00 PM - Event # 7408 - Camels, Chianti, and Cevapcici - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 14th 11:00 AM - Event # 7413 - Wings of Gory WWI RNAS at your service - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 14th 1:00 PM - Event # 7415 - Central Powers Strike Back - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 14th 2:00 PM - Event # 7416 - Aerodrome vs. Aerodrome - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 15th 9:00 AM - Event # 7422 - WWI World Record Breaker - 120 minutes - $12.00
    June 15th 1:00 PM - Event # 7424 - Lend-Lease Game 95 Squadron Pays Rains - 120 minutes - $2.00 ONLY 3 SEATS LEFT!
    June 15th 2:00 PM - Event # 7426 - Berthold's Boys - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 15th 5:00 PM - Event # 7427 - The Green Fields Beyond - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 15th 5:00 PM - Event # 7430 - WWI Night over London - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 16th 12:00 PM - Event # 7437 - Staaken Attack - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 16th 12:00 PM - Event # 7436 - The Dunkerque Horror (Cthulhu on the Coast) - 120 minutes - $2.00 THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!!
    June 16th 3:00 PM - Event # 7439 - The Real Flyboys - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 16th 4:00 PM - Event # 7440 - Mars Attacks! - 120 minutes - $2.00 THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!!
    June 16th 7:00 PM - Event # 7442 - Invitational Tournament - 240 minutes - $4.00
    June 17th 10:00 AM - Event # 7446 - Save the Cognac - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 17th 1:00 PM - Event # 7447 - What's the Wurst that Could Happen? - 120 minutes - $2.00

WINGS OF GLORY WORLD WAR II EVENTS
    June 13th - 3:00 PM - Event # 7406 - Jungle Furball - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 14th - 10:00 AM - Event # 7412 – Kanalkampf - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 14th 4:00 PM - Event # 7418 - B-17 Bomber Run over Germany - 120 minutes - $2.00 ONLY 3 SEATS LEFT!
    June 15th 11:00 AM - Event # 7423 - WW2 World Record Breaker - 120 minutes - $12.00
    June 15th 1:00 PM - Event # 7425 - Midway - US attack on Japanese carriers - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 15th 5:00 PM - Event # 7428 - Stop the Fascists - 180 minutes - $4.00 THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!!
    June 16th 11:00 AM - Event # 7435 - The Fox is Running - 180 minutes - $4.00
    June 16th 3:00 PM - Event # 7438 - Late War Fighter Melee - 120 minutes - $2.00

SAILS OF GLORY EVENTS
    June 14th 11:00 AM - Event # 7414 - Cape of Good Hope or Bad Luck? - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 14th 3:00 PM - Event # 7417 - Something in the Mist - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 15th 5:00 PM - Event # 7429 - Blockade at Grand Port - 120 minutes - $2.00
    June 16th 9:00 AM - Event # 7434 - Sails of Glory World Record Breaker - 120 minutes - $12.00
    June 16th 4:00 PM - Event # 7441 - The Mystery of the Mary Celeste - 120 minutes - $2.00

Our complete living event list flyer, including Galaxy Defenders and Sword & Sorcery events, can be also found online here. We hope to update this list daily with remaining seat totals… so check it regularly and do not wait too long to sign up!

Please feel free to print off a few and pass them out to all your gaming buddies...

We can't yell it loud enough how much we all look forward to seeing you at the convention. Columbus Ohio, June 13th - 17th!

The Buckeye Gamers in Flight
  • Recent Posts

Stumptonian

New Squadron Packs

Flying Tigers and Black Sheep would "fly" off the shelves (if they ever actually got there from pre-sale)

But Ares marketing will

Stumptonian Today, 21:10 Go to last post
    PKHansma

New Squadron Packs

I picked up a couple of the Squadron Packs (WGS4XX series) planes and was impressed with the options I had. It got me to thinking about what other famous

PKHansma Today, 20:54 Go to last post
    gully_raker

War heroe’s medals turn up after going missing for years

Interesting story Wayne.
    I had not heard of him before.

gully_raker Today, 19:44 Go to last post
    Naharaht

1/144 Resin Models by AB Models

I have no experience with these models but they have chosen some rare WW1 aircraft to reproduce.

Naharaht Today, 19:30 Go to last post
    Naharaht

I Think I've Found The Perfect Beer For This Place...

Long Trail Brewing Company of Bridgewater Corners, Vernont produce a Double IPA called 'Space Juice'.

Naharaht Today, 19:21 Go to last post
    Naharaht

Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker

What a great object to have! I imagine that it could be quite valuable to a collector (not that you would ever part with it).

Naharaht Today, 18:52 Go to last post
    Naharaht

It is good that they were found and returned to their rightful place.

Naharaht Today, 18:45 Go to last post
    Biggles downunder

Apparently they were given to a relative in the UK and then were sent back to the family in Australia. They went missing and turned up somehow in New

Biggles downunder Today, 17:13 Go to last post
    OldGuy59

Heat Ray - Hitting multiple targets?

A possible option for house ruling 'carry-through' could be in the instance that a nearer target is destroyed by a Heat-ray. Should the target be taken

OldGuy59 Today, 17:01 Go to last post
    BobP

Official Squadron Painting Thread ( Entente )

So I get to see them in person in a few weeks. Hope I get to fly one of them depending on the number of people.

BobP Today, 14:09 Go to last post
    Flying Helmut

More underwater archaeology

I'm just finishing reading "Shattered Sword", and it corrects and elaborates upon all that I thought I knew about the Battle of Midway.

Flying Helmut Today, 13:55 Go to last post
    Flying Helmut

Maneuver Deck Analysis

Glad they reached you quickly and safely.

Flying Helmut Today, 13:40 Go to last post
    camel crew

Maneuver Deck Analysis

stunning manouverabilty. will enjoy learning to fly them.

camel crew Today, 13:33 Go to last post
    OldGuy59

I hadn't even considered the possibility unitl now, but it does work for me. This could mess up play balance. However, getting the planes to cooperate

OldGuy59 Today, 13:16 Go to last post
    camelbeagle

Very interesting!

camelbeagle Today, 13:15 Go to last post
    Flying Helmut

Maneuver Deck Analysis

The D.VII deck is correct - 1 short straight is a stall, the other is not!
    This is a correct interpretation of the D.Vii's ability to "hang

Flying Helmut Today, 13:13 Go to last post
    OldGuy59

Maneuver Deck Analysis

The D.VII was supposed to be able to 'hang on it's prop', so, not a misprint. Note also the very short turns. It is the only plane in the game that

OldGuy59 Today, 13:04 Go to last post
    matt56

I like the ideas you're putting forth here, Mike - the 'partial base vs. complete base' intersection makes good sense. Thanks for adding this to the mix

matt56 Today, 13:03 Go to last post
    Flying Helmut

I've seen the Fokker E.III kit for sale, but it was dreadfully expensive!

Flying Helmut Today, 12:59 Go to last post
    Flying Helmut

Modified altitude rules

Me too, so long as it's not overly complex........

Flying Helmut Today, 12:58 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Thanks Tim.

I did my own decals a year and a half ago well before Kevin came out with his set. If I add to this escadrille I'll get some

Teaticket Today, 12:48 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Thanks Rob. As usual the unit leader wants to stand out!

Teaticket Today, 12:46 Go to last post
    camel crew

Maneuver Deck Analysis

ello all

Rookie here. just got a Fokker D.VII and my first "L" deck. great info from Don. contains 2 straight ahead stall (?) cards

camel crew Today, 12:46 Go to last post
    Karo7

http://www.czechkits.com/aircraft-re...144-c-3_4.html

Does anybody have experience with this models? Are they still available?

Karo7 Today, 12:29 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Modified altitude rules

Oooo, differing the dive ability between planes sounds great. We have different climb rates, its been odd that we don't have the same consideration for

Teaticket Today, 12:26 Go to last post
  • Site Sponsors