Series 3 Reprint
    Nieuport 17
    Albatros D.III
    RAF R.E.8
    Ufag C.I

WGS

WGS Series 7

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • Colbatman Memorial Raffle

As many of you know, on July 2nd of this year, we lost one of our Australian pilots, Colbatman. The Col, as he was called by friends and fellow pilots, was an active member of his local gaming group and promoted not only playing Wings of Glory, but also the hobby side of the game with painting many planes. Before his passing, the Col selected two of his lovingly painted and rigged Shapeways planes to be raffled off in his memory. Here in the very near future his surviving wife will be moving so that she can be closer to their son. As we all know, moving always comes with extra financial expenses and the funds raised here could really help the Col’s family out.

In honor of his request, it is with fond thoughts and a heavy heart that I post the Colbatman Memorial Raffle. This raffle will have two groups of prizes.

The first group in concludes a Caudron F-40 in Belgian colours with its unique "grinning skull" nose art plus a Vickers FB 5 "gunbus" in CDL British finish.
    As you can see both models are rigged to Col's excellent standard.

This group of prizes will be awarded to one lucky winner.

The next group of prizes, one each of the Wings of War RAF R.E. 8 miniatures, was graciously donated by 7eat51 and will be awarded to a second winner.

Everyone that enters the raffle will be awarded the Colbatman Memorial Medal to proudly display on their profile page and each of their posts.

Please use the Paypal drop down and button below to purchase the raffle tickets. Each ticket is $5 and you can purchase as many tickets as you like.

Blue Skies Col.

This raffle is now closed and the winner will be drawn later today!
  • Recent Posts

Jager

I Think I've Found The Perfect Beer For This Place...

Boy, this brewery really puts out the bears. Wish the pictures were bigger though, cause the artwork looks really good.
    Karl

Jager Today, 04:54 Go to last post
    Jager

March Work Bench 2019

I took advantage last week of an early nice day to spray-prime the rest of my Cruel Seas Kreigsmarine fleet set, plus a full box of WH Empire (now Free

Jager Today, 04:53 Go to last post
    Jager

Strange terain below, Strange Musings

You might PM Keith, and ask if he could help through the AA.
    Lord knows I've wondered how my sisters would handle my air force (let alone the rest

Jager Today, 04:48 Go to last post
    Karo7

Building the Valom SE5(a) in the WGF style

I've recently showed my Mannock SE5 in the official painting thread. As mentioned there, my aim is to match the original "Wings of War" look

Karo7 Today, 03:21 Go to last post
    Karo7

Official SE5a painting thread

Thank you all for your friendly comments. Which were additional motivation finishing the build.

@Rob: "Glück im Unglück" as

Karo7 Today, 02:47 Go to last post
    Flying Officer Kyte

If Hunter's Estate is unentailed and his dependents don't need all the money, it would certainly be a nice gesture to donate a few choice models to the

Flying Officer Kyte Today, 01:03 Go to last post
    milcoll73

And the Prague Raffle #3 winner is...

congrats zenlizard (bobs head)

milcoll73 Today, 00:33 Go to last post
    Karo7

SE 5a's at Sunset--Hood Aerodrome NZ

Beautiful. The SE5a with the black-white striped struts is the next, which I'm going to build out of the second kit of my Valom duel set box.

Karo7 Today, 00:27 Go to last post
    Vagabond

As Bob said, it's a sad task you have, best of luck with it.

The Wings display at the service was a nice act.

Vagabond Yesterday, 23:45 Go to last post
    zenlizard

Barry, you never fail to please with the photos you find. Keep up the good work!

zenlizard Yesterday, 20:22 Go to last post
    zenlizard

It does seem appropriate to auction off various items here before resorting to EvilBay. In addition, consider donating some of his collection to the Lend-Lease

zenlizard Yesterday, 20:17 Go to last post
    clipper1801

First bag of 48 minis with cards, The Hunter Squadrons are starting to arrive . . .

A shot of the Wings display at the service

clipper1801 Yesterday, 19:12 Go to last post
    RJG173

I think the same thing when I look at all the books and magazines I have.

RJG173 Yesterday, 16:26 Go to last post
    BobP

March Work Bench 2019

Just received my Shapeways models and the decals from Kevin (MISCMINI). Now waiting for the planes I ordered from Dave (AIM) for next months project.

BobP Yesterday, 15:53 Go to last post
    Horse4261

Higher Gun House Rule Option

Interesting idea, however I would play it as requiring one non-steep maneuver card to reposition the lewis gun on its Foster mount from forward to upward

Horse4261 Yesterday, 13:59 Go to last post
    Stumptonian

I am sure a special sale area on this website would ensure Hunter's collection would be distributed to those who would keep him in our collective memory

Stumptonian Yesterday, 13:48 Go to last post
    BobP

As always outstanding photo.

BobP Yesterday, 13:43 Go to last post
    BobP

A difficult and sad task for you my friend. Are there any local conventions near you ? A few years ago I was at the Williamsburg Muster and they were

BobP Yesterday, 13:42 Go to last post
    mikeemagnus

And the Prague Raffle #3 winner is...

Congrats Sam, good one - enjoy!

mikeemagnus Yesterday, 12:53 Go to last post
    Flying Helmut

Lovely!

Flying Helmut Yesterday, 12:53 Go to last post
    Naharaht

I Think I've Found The Perfect Beer For This Place...

Wing Man - amber and malty ale.

Naharaht Yesterday, 11:16 Go to last post
    matt56

Truly gorgeous, Baz! Thank goodness you are hear to make us drool every so often (or, more often than not...)...

All the best,
    Matt

matt56 Yesterday, 11:12 Go to last post
    Naharaht

Yet another great photograph, Barry. I trust that the pilots were able to land safely in the darkness.

Naharaht Yesterday, 10:44 Go to last post
    clipper1801

Just put a few things in the car for a display at Hunter's Memorial Service this afternoon. A few models and photographs of his times among us. Lots of

clipper1801 Yesterday, 10:35 Go to last post
    Flying Officer Kyte

Yet another one for my collection Baz.
    Magnificent.
    Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte Yesterday, 10:26 Go to last post
  • Site Sponsors